Thread: opk's

Default opk's

Hi,
    I am feeling quite confused. I have mentioned in another post that I am ttc after miscarrying in May. I have again been using a opk and as I have never received a positive (even in the cycles I have previously conceived on) the doctor advised testing twice a day 2pm and 8pm.
    I have been doing this since day 9. My cycles are usually 29-31 days long. The shortest cycle I have ever had was 27 and this was the cycle after I m/c. I noticed my mucous beginning to turn fertile - still a little globby on day 11. We have bd day 12 and 13 and I usually do this each cycle right through to day 18.
    What confuses me is that I still haven't had a positive opk. Now I notice very little cm today. Has anyone else experienced not having a positive opk? i have had my hormone levels checked and I am ovulating well. What is grapefruit juice for?
    Has anyone got any advice. I just don't get why I am not able to see my surge.
    love and blessings,

Mama to dd 10, ds 5, dd 3, dd 18months and angel daughter 18/05/05

Hi Happy1,

I too have never had a + OPK, even the time we conceived. Some people just are unable to detect it in urine. All but one BT have shown that I O and the one that didn't was done too early!

There is a thread in Conception General Discussion on TTC remidies, have a look at that... there are heaps of ideas on what to try!!!

Good Luck!

Thanks Mel for taking the time to reply to me. It was reassuring to hear that someone else has this experience. I did the testing twice a day regime this month and only ever got a second line of lesser colour than the control... I am hoping so badly that I did ovulate ( I don't seem to get obvious ewcm). I am feeling flat, flat, flat today. It seems forever until I can start to test. I am not even sure I want to start testing as I just can't face seeing a bfn. I had a really good feeling about this month, I was feeling that this was it. Today I am feeling sorry for myself. I am sure you know the feelings I am feeling!!! It feels good to be able to speak in a safe environment. Thankyou.
    Congratulations on your BFP!!!! =D>
    Love and thanks,
    Deb