Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: opks as hpts?

Thanks so much Fletch, your little man is a cutie - but by going by his mummy and daddy he has to be
    Hope you have a great pregnancy

Julia

i used one to adn it came up with a line at about 10 dpo unfortunaly i misscaried last week though.

fletch- it's devastating- i had no idea the loss i am feeling is so intenese at times- and to think we would have been cycle buddies and belly buddies my edd was the same as yours

so hard

Fire Fly Guest

Princess so sorry for your loss, its hard to come to terms with but you have support on here if you ever need it.

I had no idea that you could use OPK's to test. I have 3 of them left and no HPT left i cant stop using them, double . AND to top it all off, looking at your tests Fletch and seeing your groovy Positives, ive realised ive been watching the wrong spot on the test. Ive been looking at the middle mark where those two little plastic nobs are on either side. aaaarrrrrggggggg. Hope i havent missed anything. Im still on day 33 i think and no af yet.
    Do you have to do the OPK's in the morning to test for pgncy? I know im not though but still, i dont feel like af is coming. Im always feeling off and eating like a horse. Im also so damn tired that i could sleep. Thats unusual for me. God im starting up again.

Tanya,
    for you
    good luck

Well, I am almost out Temp was below the coverline this morning (although I temped over an hour early, but it usually isn't too far off) so now I just wait for af... Urgh what is going on!!??

Oh well... I might give it two more months then I am giving up.

Tanya

Tanya, hope temp goes back up again.

Fire Fly Guest

Lol, i know Fletch, you can see now how i drive FionaJill mental .

Ill drive you batty now. I did the OPK test this morning, second wee mind you, and i have a distinctive line there. I had another look at yours and its darker than that. So what do you reackon. Id be about 15DPO so not sure if its anything at all.

Any opinions

Hi everyone, just to let you know.......I'm pretty sure when using an OPK as a HPT that the test line DOES NOT have to be as dark as the control. It certainly wasn't for me, and i certainly was pg both times! The reason I did it was beacuse I'm too impatient and couldn't wait to do a HPT, so used an OPK at about 7DPO. Both times I've been pg, so this has definitely worked for me!

Kerrie at 15DPO why aren't you using a HPT? It would be much more accurate (and reassuring to you!) at this stage! Good luck!

Thanks Fletch! I also don't want to get people's hopes up, but at the same time want to let them know that it can work IYKWIM.

Kerrie, what are you doing?!! Get out there and buy some more HPTs LOL!

Fire Fly Guest

I was just thinking that im not really sure when i 'O' now. Because as ive only had 1 af i dont know what my cycles are yet. And 2 days before i went to see the Dr (other matters) i got EWCM. I told her this and she said well you would of been fertile then. So that makes it only 9DPO going off that.
    this is all to hard. Ill just order more HPT and wait for af to come. I never realised how b/fng mucks everything up as far as 'O' and af. The Dr told me that when b/fng that you dont necessarily 'O' at the same time.

Sez, Fletch is right, ive used them ALL up so thats y im useing these OPK's. Only have 1 of those left now so i have to order more. Lol.

Ok girls....I just got a slightly less dark than the control on a OPK and I am due for AF either Friday or Saturday. Have been having the usual cramps BUT have been feeling nausea for the last few days (not all day long though)

Fire Fly Guest

Sounds very promising Flossie. Good luck

Hi girls,

Well I tested this morning and got a BFP!!!! I still can't believe it!!! The line wasn't faint but it wasn't as dark as the control though IYKWIM!!!!

Thanks girls!!!

Fire Fly Guest

OMG Flossie, woohoo thats fantastic. Well Done and Congratulations. Yay.
    Another success for the OPK test. Lol.

Ill post in the announcements now. Cant wait to see you there.

Congratulations Flossie

After reading this thread yesterday i just couldn't help myself, when i got home from work i decided to test this theory out lol. I did an OPK late yesterday afternoon and there was a very faint 2nd line there. This morning i did a HPT and an OPK - the HPT showed a BFN but the OPK had a deffinate second line - but its no where near as dark as the control line. It could be because of the cheapie internet tests i'm using? Not sure, I'll have to wait and see

Fire Fly Guest

Gee Boo, try again in a couple of days. How cool to get another one that got a result from OPK. Let us know hey.

I will do Fire Fly - I'm hoping to prove the theory right but at the same time not feeling very confident. I did however try another OPK yesterday, this time i used an expensive one from the chemist (its the only one i had left lol) and it also had a second line on it. Just hope my temps stay up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast