Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: opks as hpts?

Boo - i know this is it for you i just know its your month - i am hanging out to see your post . sorry if im stalking you but i just know this is the month

Fire Fly Guest

So Boo, whats happening. Your 12 DPO, have you tested with anything yet. Keep us posted of the good news. Im certain there will be.

Thanks Loula - I sooo hope you are right!

FF - i tested this morning and it was BFN, my temps don't usually go down until 13DPO so if they're still up on Tuesday then i"ll test again then

Fire Fly Guest

Oh bummer, maybe its to early. Positive vibes and baby dust coming your way.

Just a question, has anyone heard of anyone doing an OPK and it being negative but they were still pregnant? What I mean is does an OPK always pick up a pregnancy?
    Last edited by Loveinamist; November 1st, 2006 at 07:36 PM. Reason: first post unclear

Well AF is here so the theary didn't work for me!!

Sorry Poppy i can't help with your questions - how many DPO are you? Is it too early to try a HPT?

Hi Girls,

I am 8 dpo and I used an OPK as a HPT this morning just cause I was curious what would happen and I feel like I could be pg...

I tested this morning with FMU and I didnt get a 2nd line.. I kept the OPK cause I was curious if anything would show in the arvo.. and it did - there is a line, faint but you can see if when you hold it at arms length. I know that it probably doesnt count cause came up well after alocated time but I know when I used my OPK for finding O, I tested about 7 times be4 getting my second line. On about the 5th and 6th test, I had a look a few hrs later and there was a faint line and then on my last one, I got the 2nd line.

What you think? could it be possible the line will get darker with continued testing over the next few days... LOL but wont be able to do that cause only got 1 more left! I am due to do a HPT soon but just curious on what you think on the OPK.. hopefully this will be able to help others.

TIA!

*bump*

Has anyone got any thoughts on my above post?? would love to know what you think..

Hey Fletch, thanks for your reply! Tested today cause I couldnt wait any longer and I got a !

That's great news Veronica! You lucky thing getting a BFP 10 DPO! You must be over the moon. Does your DP know?

Thanks - The line is faint but I can see it.. It'll get darker as the days go on

And yes DP does know. .I got him to have a look at it cause he obviously doesnt know what he is looking for and he said straight away - yep theres a second line!

I've read of opks being used as hpts too and tested it last cycle and did have a feint 2nd line and yes I was pregnant. But had an early m/c soon after
    Because it was an early m/c with no d & c and I was back in the -ive hcg wise we started trying right away pretty much:-)
    The last few days I've been feeling queasy and haven't felt like eating dinners and have had some probs sleeping too...
    I tried an opk 2days ago - nothing but this morning with fmu (unlike the the 1st one!) there is a feint 2nd line.
    So maybe I've hit the jackpot again I'll test again tomorrow and see if its darker!

omg hindonly!! Thats sounds sooo promising. how many dpo are you?? If its past 10dpo will you try using one of those 'early' hpt's?? Im praying that this is it for you sweety.

Please post asap tomorrow morning! I'll be dying to know the results.

oooh good luck for tomorrow Hidonly!

Debbie Lee Guest

I did an OPK a couple of days ago and got a second line - not super dark but there nonetheless. Got a BFP today..... interesting!

Good luck Hindonly!

Congrats to you & DH DebbieLee!! That great news to see first up :-)

Its all just a waiting game isn't it - Pretty sure Im in the 2ww now and I am getting a faint 2nd line but really dont want to jump in and starting thinking I'm utd iykwim:-)

And my squeamishness could be the result of a few things too.
    But when I know, all of you will know too

Debbie Lee Guest

OOo fingers crossed, Hindonly

I got 2 really dark line OPK on Monday night & a HPT this morning so it worked for me too, although I am still amazed!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast