Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: opks as hpts?

Kisa - thats terrific news. Goes to show that opks are not reliable and probably best to stick with the appropriate method of testing and what theyre made for, hey?!

Yep thanks Fletch I like to believe it was just a LH surge!
    I'm so sick of MC's.:-(

But v/ glad to hear of your +ive experience!

Well i sure hope they do work as i just used a okp and got two lines straight away!!!!i had IVF tf on Monday and so 'should' be about 7dpo

good luck, hope you get your BFP

I did another okp last night and again this morning and just now and they have gone lighter, lighter to nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew i would ginks myself.

oh well now well have to waitto next year

JamieR Guest

I don't have idea about OPK, but anyways, wishing you the best from what you choose

Hi girls I just wanted to share these pics

OPK's 12 and 13 dpo with FMU

This is a ppic of a HPT taken at 13 dpo but not with fmu and also 15dpo

So I didn't get a posative OPK even with AF due and with FMU. I am sure I would get one now, but I am two weeks late for AF

Tanya

Tanya,

I've been testing with OPKs and HPT for the last few days, and while i am getting BFN on both, I have noticed a 2nd line on my OPKs and it has been getting darker. I just wanted to say thanks for the pics. They have been a big help!

I tested with an opk at 7 dpo and got quite a strong second line although not as strong as the control line and I used my fmu too since the opk wouldn't pick up the LH surge at that time of the day, where it may still pick it up if you did it later in the afternoon.

ok, I am 7dpo and did an opk this morning just out of curiosity. I got a faint second line. It's definitely there and def came up within the 5min time frame. Did a HPT and -ve (which I expected as I am nowhere near due for AF). I don't wanna waste any more HPT's so I am thinking I will just do another OPK in a few days and see if it's darker... I rate my chances of pgcy as low anyway as Dh and I dtd the night after FF says I O'd (but the day I had O pains) and he couldn't finish anyway due to getting a cramp right at the vital moment *L*. So it'd have to be one very eager, strong swimmer to get to the egg!

Debbie Lee Guest

Kat - maybe see if you can stop yourself from testing (either OPK or HPT) for a few days? It's hard, I know...

I know. I'm crazy aren't I? But I've spent 60 days waiting for O and now it's finally happened, I'm nervous *L*. I'm so stupid because I know I'm not and DH would prefer to wait till Aug to try, and I have to have this cyst removed in Feb, so pgcy right now wouldn't be a great idea, but I can't help but want to be and I'm a worrier and always wanna know asap...

Debbie Lee Guest

You're not crazy matey.. not at all! With all you've done to get to this point I understand... just trying to offer moral support... maybe wait a few days to save your sanity??

So i'm just wondering, if using an OPK earlier than you should use a HPT, is it best to do it with the first urine of the day, or later???

its best to use 2pm urine. (most packs suggest 2-8 pm, and the same time each day).

When trying to detect pg hormones you will be best off using FMU whether using OPK's or HPT's.

Tanya

Default Opk=hpt?

Can you use a OPK as a HPT?
    And if so do u use it in the same way with FMU? and do u have to wait until AF is due or late?

I've heard you can, and I assume if you do it you use FMU. But honestly Harmony, I think it'd be better to wait and get a HPT - OPKs are more expensive than they are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345