Thread: Pcos and Opk's?

AUZZGAL Guest

Talking Pcos and Opk's?

Hi Wondering if anyone has had any luck with Opk's with PCOS?
    I have had faint readings for the past three days but its says thats classed as a neg??

I 0ed last month from 50mg clomid and 1000mg met so i assume i would 0 this month too.Im getting my 21 progesterone test on CD21 wont find out the results til 2nd May though at my next appt.

Any info appreciated??

Cheers
    kristie

hey kristie,

i have PCOS and concieved on met/clomid 50mgs both times. i gave up trying to POAS with OPK's cause i would always get faint lines- i never got a true postive . i never had blood tests, just scans from day 14 to check ovulation prgression.

i hope that it worked for you as well as it worked for me

love

AUZZGAL Guest

Thankyou for your reply, I dont get scans at all i just get the blood test.
    Thankyou you have givin me some hope again
    How many months did it take to fall pregnant?
    All the best
    Kristie

There is a TTC & Taking Clomid & Metformin thread, which you can find HERE that might be helpful for you as well. Lots of wonderful girls in there.

I do have PCOS but I do seem to ovulate and have had + opks, so im not normal for PCOS! I just had blood tests to check.

hey sunny!!

i o'ed on my own too, not but how often and when was a different story - 3 days for you matey. at my first appt- my doc gave me hope and was the first doc to make me feel like could be a mummy. i hope and pray that this gets the ball rolling quickily and will be your only appt!!

auzz,

i was diagnosed with PCOS in feb 2006, went on met 1500mg and then clomid in september 2006 concieved and then miscarried at 5 weeks in october 2006Then i concveid again in december so i only took clomid twice and both times it worked , so it must have just given my ovaries they kick up the a** they needed.

TBH - i found the clomid and scanning really helpful and released a lot of pressure off TTC. still iwas devasted that i couldn't concieve this baby and i had to get medical help.

so i guess we tried for 7 months. i was offered the clomid when i went on Met but refused.

hope this helps you sweetie!!
    Last edited by M22; April 24th, 2007 at 10:49 AM.