Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnow Test question

Default Pregnow Test question

Could you ladies who have used these tests answer a question for me.

What does it mean if you definitely see a really really really faint line, but visible at arms' length in all lighting within the proper timeframe but which fades to nothing when the test dries?

I don't for one minute believe that I am pg, but I am curious as to whether this happens often because normally I don't even see the faintest line on those tests until around 17dpo and I was only 7dpo when I decided to PIAC.

I just caved and PIAC again and now that this test has dried...I can still see "something" there. Not sure if it has colour or what but are these tests prone to evap lines or evap indentations etc?

Lisa
    PS...and edited to add. The test has completely dried now. There is still "something" there. It isn't completely obvious but when I pick up a handful of stark white BFN's, I can still pick it out easily. What do you think it could be?
    Last edited by Mumintaz; July 9th, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

Hi Lisa, I quite often get lines on these tests. They are usually a greyish colour, but it's a definite line that can be seen at arms length. Once dry, sometimes there is an indentation left behind and other times nothing at all. Mine have all been evaps.
    I have also heard that most people don't get BFP's on these until AF is well overdue.
    I think unless you can tell the line is a pinkish colour like the control line I would call it an evap line.

Lisa - I'd go check out charts on FF and see if anyone else has ever recorded a BFP on d9DPO. I don't think it is completely unheard of. But then I'm at the opposite end. I got BFNs until D18dpo.

Mumintaz,

If you are wondering if it is possible to get positive result at 7dpo it is! When i was pregnant with my son i receive a positive result (very very very faint) but i waited until 10dpo before i tested again to be sure (didn't tell a sole - hardest secret ever). and then when i did test at 10dpo i got another faint line but it was definately obvious and just kept getting darker.

it all comes down to implantation, when it occurs. The sooner it happens the sooner Hcg is produced.

I hope that you do receive a positive result - GOOD LUCK

It's hard to say what it is, but even now, many hours after the test dried, I can still pick it up and unlike the stark white BFN tests, I can still see "something". I don't think it is grey and it isn't indented. It's just there. A definite something that is wide and not indented, grey or boring white. IYKWIM.

There are 6 tests sitting in my bathroom now. I can pick them all up in a bunch and still pick out the one that is the one I'm wondering about from this morning with the "something" on it without even trying. Another has a definite indent but I questioned that test anyway because it looked kind of "bubbled" before I even PIAC. The other from the other night is darker in colour all over but if I look carefully I can actually see something on that too. The rest are old BFN's that I'd kept for some unknown reason from last month and they are just stark white with a dark pink control line.

This is weird particularly because in ALL of my months ttc and even when I was actually pg, I've only ever seen one other with ANY colour and that was at 17dpo when I was definitely pg and that had been confirmed by blood.

Just weird. As I said, I don't even think I AM pg this cycle. Just playing mind games with me because it is only the second time every I have seen ANYTHING on one of those tests.

Thanks Jodie for your input. If I hadn't been so broke I would have ordered some of your really sensitive stick tests but I've run out of time this cycle anyway.

Lisa

best of luck Lisa ... i hope it is a positive for you with my last pregnancy the cycle before i fell pg was long like 45 days or something (after having a miscarriage) but i still tested at the normal cd 28 and got a verry faint after i had blood tests and a scan 2 weeks later it turned out i was still only 4-5 weeks pg so i must have got that bfp as early as 7dpo ! i guess you never know

OK, well I'm still getting nothing IC tests with "something". But BFN on First Response so I don't know what the heck is going on. I have NEVER had ANYTHING on IC tests before, no evaps, no nothing except stark white until 17dpo when I got a faint, faint, faint neg.

Surely they wouldn't ALL be showing evaps? Why are they allowed to manufacture these tests if they are ALL faulty?

Given the BFN on FRER, I can safely say that I'm NOT pg. BUT I feel really really lousy and have done for a few days now. AF was supposed to have arrived yesterday. Still no sign of her today. I had what I *thought* were cramps before, until I decided it is actually not cramping but more like a really deep scratchy kind of nausea (IYKWIM).

Didn't manage to speak to my Dr before I had my bloods on Monday so couldn't get him to add a beta. But he did say that he's happy to send me for one if things really get rough.

The only thing I can think of is that with O'ing so early again (CD11), I'm going to have another long LP like I did last cycle (16days) which took me up to when I would "normally" be due for AF (ie 28 - 29 days). Is that normal?

Oh well...looks like I have plenty of questions to ask the Dr when I speak to him again on Friday for the results of my bloods. Just a pity he's going on holidays for two weeks starting next Monday.

I hate this not knowing. It sux!

Lisa
    PS. I should also add that my temps are still up there too with no sign of a drop so far.

Hang in there Lisa
    If your temps are still up then things might not be negative.

I have a friend who always O's early and has a lovely long LP. Nothing wrong with a long LP that I've ever heard of. In fact it should be a great advantage - more time for implantation and establishment. (I have/had the reverse, late O, short LP most of the time).

Sing out if you want to look at my FF chart to see that it is possible to be pg and have multiple BFNs before BFPs on d18 or 19. My HCG levels when tested were also above the top of the scale on d19 so not sure why I didn't get a BFP earlier when POAS. But life is strange.

Fingers crossed for you.

Kar

Thanks Kar, appreciate the input. A long LP is not normal for me though. I normally have an LP of 11 - 12 days and have had more CD16 - 19 O days than pre CD14 O.

Even my doctor can't understand why I should suddenly have an LP of 16 days like last months which was my first EVER that long. That's part of the reason he agreed to send me for bloods.

I really am starting to feel pg. The overwhelming tiredness that forces you into a nanna-nap if you sit down at the wrong time, the nausea (which incidentally has gone now and did the same thing yesterday AND the day before as well), the sore, tingly and "itchy" bbs and of course no AF. I'm going to feel like a REAL idiot when AF arrives, aren't I?

I wonder if my progesterone and oestrogen bloodwork will pick up anything? If I WERE pg, wouldn't my pg readings be higher than "normal"??

Oh well, if I haven't heard from him before, I speak to my GP at Friday lunchtime.

It's just SOOOOOO frustrating!

Lisa

I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun, hopefully you get some answers soon, let us know how you go, will be thinking of you

Well, I'm still waiting and none the wiser. Another BFN with FRER this morning and STILL getting "nothing with something" on EVERY Pregnow test that I dip in a cup.

I really do feel like cr*p. Hot flushes, breaking out into a sweat when everybody else is shivering. Tiredness. And what seems like morning sickness. Really seedy and blerk until about late-morning/lunchtime and then I'm fine again but so tired I go to sleep in my chair in the afternoons.

I have NO idea what is happening but I'm getting very tired of it very quickly!

Lisa

Lisa
    Can you go and get a BT at your GPs. Far more sensitive than HPTs.

I've just rung and left a message for him to ring me. I was supposed to speak to him tomorrow but this nausea and tiredness has gotten to me so he'll no doubt ring sometime this afternoon when he gets a minute.

It's really getting me down. I've questioned myself carefully as to whether I could just be imagining these symptoms, but I'm not.

Lisa

Lisa
    Hope you get some answers soon!

Lisa, are all your pregnow test from the same batch? what expiry date do they have?

Yep, all the same batch and expiry date 3/2008.

My GP has rung me back and suggested that I wait it out until after the weekend just in case my body is throwing another long LP at me. Unfortunately he is on hols after this week for two weeks but he has left notes so that any of the GP's in the practice can see what is going on and send me for a beta if needed.

On a brighter note, all of my CD21 bloods came back as normal, including cholesterol, liver, androgen studies, LH, FSH, oestrogen and my progesterone was 24.8. All are consistent with having ovulated so that's a relief anyway.

So...I'm none the wiser and the waiting game continues. All I know is that I will NOT be testing any more. Can't afford it and will hopefully know something soon.

Lisa

Well, I got my answer. Got a bright positive with Pregnosis (not Pregnow) yesterday just after lunch. Within time limit - actually whilst the urine was still moving up the test strip and it stayed put. But then AF hit me this morning. So...another chem. Highly disappointing.

Lisa

kirsty Guest

Lisa again I am so very sorry for your chemical pregnancy, sending big hugs to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast