Thread: Best Book Ever

Default Best Book Ever

Hey! my mother's group swear by this:

SAVE OUR SLEEP by Tizzie Hall.

My DD is just getting back onto the routine (need to get her out of our bed) but the whole mum's group have their babies on it and all the babies are happier on routine. We will be starting number 2 on it from birth. She explains how to build BM supply with a structured routine and it works. You have to be very strong when you first start but it's worth the week of hell for a lifetime of sleep.

Mmm I really dont like these sort of strict routines.

Jo

not my cup of tea but I'm delighted to hear that you're all so happy. I hope you don't miss DD too much when you get her out of your bed. I love drifting off next to my babies while I listen to them snuffling and snoring - it's better than any relaxation cd

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There is a discussion going on here about it. It's great that people can get help from it, we all need to do what works for us. Personally, I would never buy anything of TH's, for reasons mentioned above and in the link in this post.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Quote Originally Posted by alisando01
    the week of hell
    Why would you want to put yourself through a week of hell with a newborn!

Why not live your life around your new baby and enjoy him/her! They are only tiny for a short amount of time so relish it instead of trying to be a disciplinarian!

Speaking from personal experience I actually found overnight feeds to be enjoyable because it was the only time it was just me and the baby. I had no toddler to try and entertain at the same time. Yes I was tired but I managed fine and could fit in a catnap in the afternoon when I needed it.

Speaking from personal experience I actually found overnight feeds to be enjoyable because it was the only time it was just me and the baby
    Me too Sammi, me too.......my little Lexie Lou and I had some GORGEOUS times together in the middle of the night........she is now sleeping through (without any help from a book I might add!) and I miss those cosy comfy cuddly whispery night feeds, just me and her.....

^ Me three!
    Toby has started sleeping through now and already I miss those middle of the night cuddles in my bed....we just don't get to do that during the day with Miss Jealous Pants trying to get in on the action

Not my cup of tea either. One of my SiLs started doing SOS during the week with her 4 mth old and she ended up more stressed because she got out of the set times. It's working for us doing with DS's needs which can vary slightly from day to day and feels right in my heart. Each to their own...

Me four on the night feeds. Sometimes it's hard getting up but then it is very peaceful. The dog usually joins us on the couch and has a snooze while we feed.

Not my cup of tea either but that's great if you feel it's beneficial for you and your baby.
    I personally LOVE the night time gurgles and cries and that beautiful soft warm face snuggled up to my boobie. The time goes too fast - my next baby I will be drinking in every nano second of night feeds... They are special... (I think!)

It's not something i would read and do. I like not knowing what my day brings and how my kids will be.
    I love the night feeds and getting the most beautiful smiles ever when it's just the two of us.

I am glad that you have found something thats been able to help you, and the fact you can share it with you mothers group is great too.

Im kind of a fence sitter on the subject, because babies are all so different.
    I personally almost died with my DD for the first 3 months because she had a lot of trouble sleeping and we had a lot of trouble feeding. It wasnt until i got her into a routine that she started to sleep well, before that she would cry for hours until she exhausted herself. She didnt respond much to rocking or dummies or feeding (she did get gas as well). A bedtime routine was the only thing that really helped her out.
    The midnight smiles andf cuddles sound nice though, and if i can get that with my future babies, the routine might not be as high on my priority list.