Thread: Am I getting anywhere?? - VENT!

Default Am I getting anywhere?? - VENT!

Some days it just seems like I can't do anything right. Today I feel like I am doing everything wrong with the boys. Tom threw a huge tanty this morning and Jack threw one tonight, Tom cries when I leave for work at least once a week, DH and I have disagreed over some things, and now (much to my surprise) it seems he was right (on some things anyway . Some days I just wonder if this job is too much for me.

I think I am just really tired and letting things get to me. But I do wish I could spend more time with the boys . Maybe I'm losing touch with them now that I'm working ft. Sigh. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

MR - I think we both should have taken the day off today to be with our boys.

Hopefully we both have a wonderful day tomorrow.

I hope you feel better tomorrow too MR. I am sure you do an excellent job with your boys and DH and working in and out of the home. It is a hard job though, isn't it??

Thanks for the support gals. How has your day been Mel? Mine has definitely been better. The boys woke up happy and they went off to day care quite happily. It is easier on day care days - they love it there and have lots of distractions when we leave. It's a bit harder on the days they are home with the ILs, I think they are finding it strange for both mummy and daddy to leave in the morning. It's only the second week we've both been working.

MR - I'm actually really really sick today so sent DS off to go to the IL's cos its too hard to try and go to the toilet with a 16 month old by my feet wanting to play!! Hopefully tomorrow will be my day...

Oh no Mel. Big hugs. I hope tomorrow is your day.

oh MR I know that would be so hard for you. I think having you leave them, rather than dropping them off may make it more difficult for them? I know my girls are happy to go into care when I go to work, but when I go out the one night a week for work and have to leave them, they both cry. Most of the time, even though I've been doing it for both of their lives with only a few weeks off.

I don't have any suggestions, other than doing things like going for short trips out & leaving them so they know you will always come back to them. Maybe J would go well if you did a chart of times, when you will be home etc..... he is so smart, he would understand when you are coming back.

I'm glad today was better.

MR........no advice, but just some reasurrance......it is only early days. They will adapt. They are reacting in the short term to the change.

Hugs to you babe. xx

Thank lovely girls.

Christy, I love the idea of the chart, I think he'd really like that.

I hope you are feeling better today MR I think you are a fantastic mum