Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letting off some more steam

Default Letting off some more steam

I don't think I'll ever sleep properly again.

I can't stand this, I wish I had weaned DD a long time ago. I've had success with no boobies during the day, only one to go to sleep. But that ONE turns into 15, she keeps demanding boobs over and over again at nightime. If she wakes at night "boobies, need you mum, boobies". So this is usually 2x a night.
    I've got Mitch waking once to go to the toilet, sometimes another time with a bad dream. I start dinner, bed, bath at 5.30pm every night to get the plenty of time to settle. I've been doing the SAME routine, verbatim every single night for at least a YEAR.
    What does my head in the most is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't I'm stuffed for the rest of the night. 2 weeks ago, DD was going to sleep fine, minimal yelling (2-3mins), maybe waking about 3 for a quick boob then back to sleep in bed with me (its bluddy COLD here).

Last night

5.30 Dinner
    6.00 Bath, jarmies quiet play
    6.30 Supper, small snack, brush teeth
    7.00 Story and bed
    8.30 still settling DD
    10pm DD wakes yelling again
    10.30 give up and go to bed with DD
    1am DS wakes for the toilet
    3am DS wakes with bad dream and is cold - in bed with me
    5am DD wakes for a boob
    8am all awake, stumble out of bed and cry from exhaustion

Yes I like being a parent but FFS my youngest is 2 and I thought I would be able to get some decent sleep or even 2 consecutive hours to myself at night.
    I'd love some time to myself at night to be able to maybe read, do housework, cook or even STARE AT THE WALL. Sometimes I do get it...sometimes.
    What kills me the most is the whole ON/OFF thing, if it was total crap and lack of sleep ALL THE TIME I could cope with that (I think), but I never know whats in store. I can get nothing done.

I have to go back to work and quickly. How the hell will I be able to manage?
    I'm tired, my boobs are tired and I just resent the hell out of everything to do with being a parent right now. I don't even care how this sounds I need to get it off my chest.

for you because you need them.
    Don't feel bad about anything that you have to post in here, we all know how bloody rough it is sometimes and really, sometimes you would just like to leave home!!!!!!

I hope it does get better for you soon. If it makes you feel better, I was a bad mummy last night and pushed DS (who was screamin blue bloody murder in his cot) because he didn't want to go to sleep. Lucky he bounced on the mattress. Mummy has a temper!!

We all go through crappy stages. Hang in there. Keep your chin up and keep pluggin away.

You are doing a fantastic job.

bubNo.2 Guest

Hi
    You poor thing i could imagine how you are feeling!!! Except the trying to wean your 2yr off your breast totally!!! This might sound harsh (for your 2 yr old) but why dont you just 'shut shop' altogether and just try to ride it out.... as you said it is only the overnight feeds that he wants mummies boobs... just say no ... no more mummys boobs all gone. If we want milk we have it in a special cup and then when he wakes up and need a drink just give him a small cup a microwaved milk and settle him that way but dont give in!!!
    Are you married? Where is your husband?
    Ainsley x

Do you want to run away and join the circus with me?

bubNo.2 Guest

ps..... i didnt mean Where is your husband (as if you need one) i meant why doesnt he help with all the night time settling etc etc iykwim

Ainsleyx

I know the feeling. My DD has started waking up to 6 times a night after it only being once for months. I have no idea why and I'm buggered and sooooo over it. I thought by now we'd be close to sleeping through the night again. And yep I've had the tears of frustration and sleep deprivation, alot lately and it's getting to me.
    It's not easy being a mumma. We do the best we can. We're all doing a great job.

Thanks bubs, Dp is only here 3 nights a week. He's not bad with settling at night, but DD is known to throw a mean left hook is she doesn't get her mummy.

Dach - packing my bags, can we go somewhere warm?

Christ babe, we've all been there!!!

I too would be shutting up shop on the boobs, unless it is something you wish to keep up. If you do, how about a "night time" bra?? As in when mummy has it on, the boobs are asleep?? I know it will be hard, but stopping the night feeds cold turkey will work eventually. My cousin put that yucky nail polish to stop you biting your nails on her boobs at night, and her daughter stopped quick smart!! They only taste nice at feed time!!

For DS maybe an all in one sleep suit will keep him warm?? They come in big sizes now. Dont know how he could toilet in it though!!

prob not much help, so have a hug instead!!

I know how you feel, have been going through night waking with my DD on and off for a few months now. Not proud to say it just about did my head in last night, I was just so sick of getting up all night and really resenting the fact that even though my 6 month old was fast asleep, here I was anyway at 3am, eyes hanging out of my head.

It's hard to take, you'd think at 2 or 3 sleeping issues would be over, and they were for a very, very long time for us. She slept through the night (13 blissful hours) from 8 months and then suddenly started waking again about 6 months ago. Like you, it's not every night, not even every week, but I never know when it's going to happen.

I feel your pain...I feel like I will never sleep again.

bubNo.2 Guest

oh well ... your dd? can try to to connect with the left hook but your bigger than her to miss it connecting lol

Seriously just be extra strong with her and the boob thing it is just a habit and she really doesnt need it for milk as such just to settle erself back to sleep... well she might be in for a total shock !

I do have a child who is nearly 8yrs but i only bf for 2 mths as i hated it but i had troubles getting his dummy off him and in the end after a few tantrums he saw me toss the dummies in the bin and he was 2 1/2yrs. I swapped the dummy for a rug thing for bed time and it worked..... so maybe swap the boob/settling habit for something else so your dear boobs are closed for ever ... welll for a milk supply at least .

xx

bubNo.2 Guest

Yes, the boobie shop is officially closed. Damn it, I'm not sleeping much anyway so this is another storm I'll have to ride. I might get her a special blanket (she has rejected special dolls for bed as soon as she knows what I'm hinting at) for bed or something.

Willow, wanna come join the circus too?

Thanks laydeez, I think I needed help to totally shut up boobshop. I was hoping it would be different, but its not. So closed it is...

I know its hard, but when its time , its time babe!!

You done amazing!!!
    good luck honey!!

Lulu, pack for somewhere warm but don't forget your warms as well. We'll go where ever the circus takes us....

Just wanted to add my sympathies Lulu. I've been there and done that. It's a miserable time. But it's not going to last forever! They will move out eventually.
    How's today going? Or have you and Chloe run off already? Let me know if the circus is coming my way, and I'll come and be the poo-shoveler. I'm good at cleaning up poo, let me tell you!

Ooh OK -now the how-to.

I can't thrown my boobs in the bin. Do I just tell her "no more boobs" when she wants to go to bed?

OK - well I'm going to be riding an elephant I have decided...

I'll be a lion - I jump through hoops all day and night as it is anyway!!

good luck tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast