thread: I am cruel to my girls and I will continue to be.

Nov 2004
    Chasing Daylight...

I don't think it's cruel. My Mum dressed us three girls the same when we were little - mainly because she had a bolt of fabric shipped to the small coral atoll we lived on in the Solomon Islands and made several outfits from the roll. I reeeeaaaaly didn't like being the same as my sisters from the age of around 3. But if you like it and they like it go for it.

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Meh, I've done it. Back when the girls were little they had a couple things the same. Often if one wore something the other would ASK to wear it too. Just because they liked that item.

Even now they both have a dress the same. They're 10 & almost 7. If they choose to wear them on the same day, I wouldn't care! They are at an age now where its THEIR choice. They were both with me when I bought the dresses & were both happy, even though DD1 hates DD2 copying her.

I also used to buy the same outfit, but in different colours. & I still do that on occasion. Again, sometimes they just choose to wear the same thing. And even as young as 2, they can make that choice!

Nov 2010

I used to love when my cousin and i dressed the same when we were younger, we used to try and tell people we were twins....pity we were blonde and brunette and tall and short...

Apr 2006
    Perth

I don't like kids dressed the same either TBH but seriously, this is an issue why???? Silly woman.

My girls like very different things, and with their different colouring suit different colours, but every now and then they will both choose the same thing. If that's what makes them happy then I just accept it.

Just wondering though. Does that make us very, very cruel when not only do we dress our children the same as each other, but also the same as every other child in their school class???

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Gosh, you sound like the world's worst mother ever! NOT!!

That woman needs to remove her head from the dead bear's bum it's been stuck up, she is officially a Wednesday F-Wit!

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

My girls choose to wear the same clothes. I reckon it would be mean to say no

Silly old lady!

Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano

My girls choose to wear the same clothes. I reckon it would be mean to say no

Silly old lady!
    My sister and I used to love wearing the same clothes. Whenever possible my BROTHER would get in on the fun. I'd love for that woman to have seen our family....

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Lol my boys (7yo & almost 2yo) love it when they match. Also I knew some twins who when then were growing up deliberately wore the same clothes, just to play tricks on people! Lol

Feb 2010
    on a big patch of paradise.

My girls pretty much pick their own clothes everyday, I just add or take off what I see appropriate for weather/place sort of thing. If DD2 sees what DD1 has picked she will generally want the same or something very close. It really has never crossed my mind at all that someone would ever think that if my girls were dressed the same or similar that it is cruel. Maybe she had to and only has bad memories. I also wonder if she would be inclined to think that 90% of what DD2 wears DD1 use to wear?

Oh well, like I said, wont stop me or my girls as long as we are all happy, I don't give two hoots what she or anyone thinks.

Mar 2007

LOL, what a nut job.

My girls have a couple of things the same that people have bought them. And I buy them matching pyjamas coz I think it's cute, lol. They think it's cool too.

Jan 2009
    In my own little fantasy world

Just wondering though. Does that make us very, very cruel when not only do we dress our children the same as each other, but also the same as every other child in their school class???
    That is just the height of cruelty. Nothing could possibly be more cruel than that

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

You bad, cruel mum ;P just kidding. Lucky you clothe them, perhaps if they weren't she'd justify the cruel comment. Weirdo!!

Add Starfish on Facebook

Apr 2007
    Sydney

In what way is it cruel exactly??

My sister and I used to like dressing the same when we were little and we would love it when people mistook us for twins (even though I was 2 years older and a whole head taller, but it happened quite often anyway...)

Mar 2011
    Brisbane's Southside

How rude of her! What business is it of hers anyway??? I can't believe someone would say something like that to a mother.

**Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.