Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAHMs - Do You Set Your Alarm?

When DD was little I used to do that. Gave me 45 minutes to shower have brekkie and do some yoga in the peace and quiet.
    I should do it now, but DS is such an unreliable sleeper with supersonic hearing (and he sleeps with me), that I'm not sure it would be great in practice.

Only way to find out is give it a trial run. Maybe give it a go before DH goes back to work so you know if you need to fine tune the theory or not.

i usually get up when my two DSs do, and then we all jump in the shower together. i've tried showering on my own but the little buggers come and sneak in with all their clothes on! so now i've just given up and take them in with me LOL

I don't even know how to set my alarm anymore now that i have a new bedside clock radio LOL So no, I don't do this. I have a shower at night before bed... it is when i am dirtiest anyhow and i like to go to bed feeling clean. On the weekends i often have two showers though.

DH gets up just before 7am and puts on the kettle... my day starts when i hear the kettle... i stumble out to make our cups of teas... often both boys are still asleep... oh what luxury but i try not to stress if they aren't.

I get dressed at 8am after I have made the boys breakfasts and they are eating it. Then i do the school run. When i get back at 9am I collapse infront of my 'pute with my first coffee of the day... i plonk my 4yo infront of playschool... when i finish my coffee i turn off the pute and make the beds etc... well.... ideally

Something to be said for flexibility matey... maybe capture that precious thinking/centering time at the end of the day when they are asleep? But if you are a morning person then i can see how an early start would be more vital.

I was the most adament morning showerer before kids. You couldn't talk to me unless I had had my shower and cup of tea but it's completely different now. I love my shower at night time as I'm so dirty and grotty from my day with kids and love curling into bed after a hot shower and put my jammies on. I am know to shower twice if I work as I have to shower after work to get the hospital smell off me and I just can't go to work without a shower. I think I might be responsible for the drought we're in, LOL. As long as I get dressed when I get up, wash my face, brush my hair then I feel good to go for the day. It really does make it easier getting out in the morning as I don't have to shower and get the kids both fed and dressed and nappy bag etc organised.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
    We co-sleep. DD IS our alarm......
    LOL, same here. If I wanted to get up earlier it would be before 6am. I just take DD into the shower with me if I have to. Otherwise, wait for playschool time and sneak off to have one. When she was little I would put her in the bouncer in the bathroom with me.

When my kids were tiny I showered in the evening, but now they are a bit older I can have one in the morning again which I much prefer. I am not a morning person so it helps me feel human. I do have to set an alarm now DS1 is in school, but I never did before that as sleep was too seldom and precious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12