Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Our Sleep

Default Save Our Sleep

Does anyone know anything about this book by Tizzie Hall? Someone keeps recommending it to me but I can't get a handle on what approach it has.
    Can anyone else recommend it?

I'm going to move this thread out of the comforted sleep forum as Tizzie's methods aren't compatible with it.
    Tizzie has threatened to sue this site before when our members have volunteered their honest opinions of her methods so I shan't do so. You can probably guess for yourself that they weren't exactly complimentary.
    I will however say that anytime I see her books in a shop I move them into other areas and then put other books in front of them. I consider this to be a public service. I shan't encourage others to do likewise because she'd probably sue me :P

I wouldnt bother - there are FAR BETTER books out there.

Only other way to waste money quicker would be to set fire to it. You wont find many fans of it here on this site.

hi there
    i dont think this is for me, it is more on the strict routines and maybe even cc side of things from what i know... and as the others have said there are a lot of ppl on BB who do not like it at all.That said, i also have a lot of friends who love it and recommend it v highly - i guess each to their own. maybe you can have alook at a library or something first so you can assess for yourself.
    FWIW i have the no cry sleep solution and this is a better choice for me, but we all have to do what is best for us and our families.

I have an absolutely pristine copy of the book if you want it! Seriously. I was seduced by the title and ordered it online but I did not like the content or tone at all (really rubbed me up the wrong way) so I never even considered putting it into practice. It is just collecting dust in a box in my garage. In a nutshell, strict and condescending. I must say it has been 18 months since I touched the book so I can't give you any specifics and given the history Tizzie and this site have, I'm not sure that I should.

I should add I am not anti-routine, in fact I have used quite a few of Gina Ford's tips for structuring feeding, weaning and general nursery advice and would do so again (although it may be heresy to say so on this site). For the record though, I am extremely anti-CC so although I like routines, I will never be textbook because I won't leave my babies to cry which is always the solution offered when a book's routine is not working as prescribed.

Ah. Sorry about that, moderators; I wasn't intentionally trying to flout the rules, I was unsure of what the book advocated. I guess given that, I should have posted here.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I already have No Cry Sleep Solution (for toddlers & pre-schoolers - in my sleep deprived fog I didn't realise there was a later version out but I guess my daughter is only a couple of months away from being a 'toddler'). I'm still getting through that, but was just curious about the other book as this person keeps recommending it to me. Now I know, thanks!

Suziette- I asked the exact same question here months ago. Do a search for the thread and there are many replies and a great discussion. Go to 'search this forum' neat the top of the screen. There are numerous book out there liek SOS and I am no fan either. They are mostly about strict routines and CC. I stay away and do what I like!

Suziette, if you are nearly at the toddler stage, I highly recommend Toddler Tactics by Pinky McKay. It's not just sleeping although that is covered, it is also eating, behaviour etc and fantastic activity ideas. I love it!

Lovenhope Guest

O.k. Don't shoot me, but I actually found the book very useful. I never followed the routines religiously but many aspects of the routines worked for me and my DS. It helped me get rid the dummy (which was driving me crazy), and introduce the dreamfeed which worked wonders for me! Be your own judge. I love routines.

Thanks again for your replies everyone.
    MantaRay, I actually bought Toddler Tactics some time ago and forgot I had it, so I'll revisit it, thanks for mentioning it!

I bought the book when pregnant with DD2 and sold it when DD2 was a week old - IMHO not worth the $$ but that my opinion.

This is the book everyone in my mothers group swears by! But I haven't read it and don't intend to read it because of so many others than have said it's not worth it

That explains your other thread then LJ!!

Yeah, I only remembered about the book when I saw the title actually

Every child is different and in saying that i don't like books i like motherly instinct

I have a practically brand new copy of this free to a good (???) home or the trash. I bought this while pregnant and knew after the first few pages it wasn't for me. My DD is a baby, a little human, not a robot.

Sorry if that offends anyone, that is not my intention, I just don't agree with her style at all. I will say that one of the girls in my mothers group follows SOS religiously and it works very well for her and her DD. I guess that's the beauty of parenting, we choose how to raise and care for our own children. Each to their own but no, SOS is definitely not for me and my DD
    Last edited by Taurean; February 11th, 2010 at 03:38 PM.

LOL you girls are better off burning that book than selling it on to an unsuspecting new mum or mum-to-be!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast