Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please no - not my little doggie too!!

I am so sorry sweet. that's really tough.

sending you all big big

and wishing your gorgeous Millie open pastures to frolick and play chasey, many juicy bones to chomp on and couches and beds galore to snooze on as she crosses the rainbow bridge xx

R.I.P. Millie

:hugs: I am so sorry

RIP Millie.

How are you doing dan?

RIP Millie.

Iam soo sorry huni. R.I.P Millie and Tigger xox

Oh no, hun. There are no words. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to your lovely little dog.

Oh no I'm so sorry this has happened again

I'm so sorry that you had to put down your gorgeous Millie, especially after having to do the same with your puddy tat
    Hope you are ok..

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Today is a little bit better (I had DS's 1st birthday to keep me distracted). I'm just so upset with how the vet was. She didn't do anything wrong but I think she could have handled the whole thing much better and a bit kinder to both Millie and myself but there is nothing I can do now so I'm just trying to forget it. I just feel like I didn't give Millie a good send off, not as peaceful as I would have liked.
    We are now planning our garden bed, more than likely a vegie patch, where Millie and Tigger are buried and I'm going to get them both a little gravestone with their names on it to put at the front. Our groomers order beautiful ones. This way if we move we can take them with us and put it in ever vegie patch we have from now on to remember them always.
    Our poor dog has lost both of his best friends in 5 weeks - he is just so lost and doesn't know what to do with himself. It's all just so sad. It will get better in time.

Oh that is hard when you find yourself in those situations at the vet (or, TBH even in hospitals for us two-legged folk at times!) where a fast decision on a really tough heartbreaking moment is needed. I am sorry that there wasnt more time to process (for either you or the vet...it's a shame that she wasnt able to fully appreciate the intense and difficult moment this must of been for you ). I have a friend who is a vet and she told me that many react in different ways when faced with animals that need to go to sleep. she said that it is quite common for them to go into a 'shutdown' mode of operation, but then when they get home it hits them. i know that this is of little comfort, but i hope that in some way the girl knew/had that compassion but just couldnt bring herself to show in that moment xx

btw, i love the idea of the gravestones for tigger and millie! it will be their garden! we have a special little statue and planted our cat Cassius' favourite plant where he was buried and even 7 years later i go out there when i am home and sit with him. it will no doubt help in saying goodbye...which from what i have found is never forever, they are there in memory and in our hearts

and big big to your pup at home. they really feel it too. big cuddles all round xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123