Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: levlen ed

I am on levlen and its been fine, but unless I take the sugar pills and have a "period" each month I end up with spotting which is annoying. But other than that I find it agrees with me.

[COLOR="Magenta"]I started taking this pill in oct - nov and it was horrible at first i had everything from bleeding for a whole month, bloated, cramping, anxiety, mood swings, couldnt eat, felt like vomitting etc etc i stopped taking it for about a week or so, so i could have a cleanout and a proper period in Jan and have been on it again since early jan and have had no bleeding but have been feeling sick still, headaches, bloating, weight gain etc etc im over it. The thing is i get married in a couple weeks anyway and want to go off it but just didnt want my AF on the day.

I do have a few silly questions for you girls though regarding the pill and coming off it......... first question is, can you get pregnant whilst on the pill, the thing is my partner and myself have let nature take its course the last couple times we have had sex and just thought that because ive been on it for such a short time and have had problems that i might be lucky enough to get pregnant?????

Second question is....... im wanting to stop taking it about a week before the wedding so i can get a period and then try for a bubba whilst on honeymoon but im wondering if your period go's back into a normal cycle or whether im likely to get another period while on honeymoon????

Sorry for the silly questions ladies but have been wanting to ask somebody for ages and this thread was perfect......thanks in advance

Hi, I was on Levlen for a few years and changed over to Marvalon which I found had less side efeccts, less weight gain, no headaches and rarely any PMT.

I did fall pregnant on Marvalon however but maybe that was my body and circumstances!

I've been on it for over a year now, have only just started noticing what could be side effects, could just be me so I dont know! HAvent had any major problems with it though. The changes I have started to notice are that I'm much more emotional/mood swings with it now, the last few periods I've had some cramping but it's been a lot lighter and doesnt last as long. Also I found out that I can't skip any more than one, otherwise I get spotting, or it gets all out of whack. Skip one it's ok as long as it's not in a row, skip two..big no no!

Just goes to show that it really is different for every person, although I was quite interested to read that it doesnt seem to take long to fall pregnant after coming off it? Fiance and I are thinking about trying after my last repeat runs out, gives me 4 months...lol

~Belinda~ Guest

Hmmm....have just started on this pill again. I was on it for ages and went off it in March last year and fell pregnant in April. Now I've been on it for two days and I am really MOODY! I feel a bit down on it too. Could this pill be doing this to me after only two days? And do you think that it's just getting used to my system?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_girl_1 View Post
    [COLOR="Magenta"]I started taking this pill in oct - nov and it was horrible at first i had everything from bleeding for a whole month, bloated, cramping, anxiety, mood swings, couldnt eat, felt like vomitting etc etc i stopped taking it for about a week or so, so i could have a cleanout and a proper period in Jan and have been on it again since early jan and have had no bleeding but have been feeling sick still, headaches, bloating, weight gain etc etc im over it. The thing is i get married in a couple weeks anyway and want to go off it but just didnt want my AF on the day.

I do have a few silly questions for you girls though regarding the pill and coming off it......... first question is, can you get pregnant whilst on the pill, the thing is my partner and myself have let nature take its course the last couple times we have had sex and just thought that because ive been on it for such a short time and have had problems that i might be lucky enough to get pregnant?????

Second question is....... im wanting to stop taking it about a week before the wedding so i can get a period and then try for a bubba whilst on honeymoon but im wondering if your period go's back into a normal cycle or whether im likely to get another period while on honeymoon????

Sorry for the silly questions ladies but have been wanting to ask somebody for ages and this thread was perfect......thanks in advance
    Rainbow Girl - sorry if this post is a little late, only just saw this thread. Basically the answer is 'yes', you can get pregnant while you are taking the pill. The official pg % rate is quite small but, as with all forms of contraception, nothing guarantees that you won't get pg.

As for your second question (which you probably already know the answer to by now!) is that it's pretty much impossible to say with any certainty if you will or won't get your period before your wedding or during your honeymoon. The reason being that every woman is different and, just as every woman has different responses to the pill, every woman has different experiences when she stops taking it. Some women go back to a regular cycle straight away, some women take a few months and some women have a pretty erratic pattern for quite a while after coming off the pill. The thing to keep in mind is that while you're taking the pill you don't actually ovulate because of the balance of synthetic hormones in the pill (well, you're not meant to ovulate, some women still do though). When you stop taking the pill it sometimes takes a while for your own naturally-occurring hormones to even out and for your body to "remember" how to ovulate.

HTH. Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon

queenbee Guest

girls, i have been taking this pill again and i am so angry on it, mood swings constantly, feel sorry for my poor husband :-( just so cranky. have no libido either, going to doc on monday to see what they can do. is brenda any good?

I was on Levlen

I had a lack of libido

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Niadla*~ View Post
    I was on Levlen ED for 4 years. I had no side effects what so ever, none of the lightening of periods, and conceived pretty much straight after coming off it.
    I wouldn't hesitate to go back onto it.
    I was on it for 7years and fell pregnant almost straight after coming off it! Id love to blame my weight gain in it but cant!

I have to give it the big

I used it for about 8 years (due to pcos). I didn't have any side effects (well, none that I can remember). Didn't get pregnant for 14 months after stopping it, but that's another story!

I still have nine sheets left over if anyone wants them! Just PM me! Oh. Just realised they expired in June 2008...wonder if it would affect them? Lol, I also have a sheet of microval (minipill) if anyone's after that too!

If I'm not allowed to offer up my pills....well, please edit accordingly mods!

queenbee Guest

I am now on YASMIN, it is more expensive but it's made such a difference to everything!!!

Red face

Thanks for posting this quetion, interesting to read others experienced little or no period, do many find this on Levlen? I have been on it for just under a year and have noticed my period is now hardly anything. Although i'm not complaining it is a little worrying too sometimes!!!

too would like to thank all responses to the initial question regarding Levelen.
    I have been wondering for some time whether my mood swings, anxiety and emotional rollercoaster was due to my doctor taking it upon herself to give me the generic brand (Levelen) as opposed to my original, slightly more expensive by a fraction, Microgynon.

I think I'll be switching back.

i was on levlen, and it screwed me up, i had spotting, mood swings, nausea and weight gain.

i wouldn't use it again.

i found that since being off it, my mood has changed my period are still regular and light. and i have lost the weight.

Angry

i've been a complete nutter too, really angry & upset, I have come off an anti depressent for PND, but that was ages ago so maybe I should talk to my doc about Levlen, seems a lot of people are saying similar things!

Hey. So i'm on levlen ed as a method of contraception and have just finished my first tab of levlen ed (i'm about 3 days into the sugar pills.) I understand that this means that i should be getting my period around this time. However the only signs of a period that i've had is a very very very very light compared to usual and only lasting for a day. Is this common or should i be worried about pregnancy? Sorry if this question sounds stupid.

I think you should do a test. I fell pregnant on levlen ed. It is only a low dose pill and I am pretty sure that I was told that you should use other methods of contraception for the first 3weeks of taking a new pill or starting on the pill as it may not be effective in the first 3 weeks.

Mmm perhaps. Although during the month another method of contraception was used besides just the pill...Maybe i should wait a bit :S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast