Thread: Berwick area groups

Unhappy Berwick area groups

After having Chelsea a tad under a week ago now, DH thinks it would be a good idea if i joined a mothers group or meet up with other new mums/mums-to-be in our local area.

Thing is i dont know the area, ive only lived her for 7 weeks now and only know 1 person.

I feel lonely and now id like to get out and meet people that have the same thing in common as me... a new bub!

Does any one know of groups around here or other forms of social groups i may be able to join or get in contact with? I find it hard to meet new people, but i want to have new freinds and i want Chelsea to have play freinds come her 1st birthday as well, and only way that will happen is if, i, as her mum get out and about.

*TamaraP* Guest

Go Here

There are some lovely ladies that meetup in this thread. I don't have bubs but they have welcomes me twice into their homes!!
    Lovely lovely girls

hi Kim, I live near you in Pakenham, i have a 4month old and a 2 year old girls, i too would like to meet new people.
    I love your DD name, where was she born?

We should try meet up one day soon Kelly, id really like that. Its hard being in a new area, with a newborn and knowing no one

Chelsea was born at Monash Medical Centre-Clayton

mooshie Guest

kim

you should find that your maternal child and health nurse will set you up in a first mums group. they can be a great place to meet new mums, i was so lucky with my first mums group - we met 8yrs ago now and we are the bestest of friends (there is about 6 of us) we keep in contact almost daily, we usually see each other weekly, we go away on a girls weekend once a year and have numerous dinners and occassions with and without the children. all our children are great friends and the majority all go to school together and we also found we all had other children around the same times as well so our 2nd and 3rd children became friends to.

i have just been really lucky and hopefully you will find that you will meet some lovely girls.

for us the groups started at around 8wks, firstly meeting at the mchn every week and we would get information on different topics etc, then after the meetings at the mchn stopped we started catching up at each others houses once a week or fortnight, when the kiddies got more mobile we joined a playgroup all together which we stayed until the older ones started kinder.

i truly have made life long special friends

Kim- that would be good.
    When you see your MCHN ask them about the mothers groups in your area.
    Where have you moved from?

Well we should arrange sometrhing when your free and so forth.

my email is [email protected]

I moved from Moss Vale in NSW. DH got a new job with his mates company down here so we up and moved. Was an easy move til i got here and realised i had no one...and now Chelsea is here its harder cos i have no family