Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Goldcoast Playgroups #3

CatherineL Guest

LOL - Fantastic Sharon.. But do we go walking at you end of Pac Pines? I dread the hills around my house, i don't mind going down but then to get home i have to go back up

Hey Catherine,
    CONGRATULATIONS on ur pg!!
    If ur up for it, u should try & come to one of our meet ups some time.
    I'm actually pretty sure one of the mummies said they were from Emerald or near there.........Dee????

Rosser park sounds great Claire. Tuesdays are probably the best days for me or any other arvo, as i'm trying to go to gym most mornings except tuesdays.

Hey Catherine, I'm afraid the hills at my end aren't any better!! Maybe meet in the middle??? Stupid Pines and their stupid hills.... LOL.

Hey Catherine,
    So glad you could join us!! There are a few of us up this way in the Pac pines/upper coomera area. I NEEEEEED to start doing some exercise!! Maybe we could get a group of us together to do that a few days a week?

welcome Catherine, and big congrats on your pregnancy...
    i'd be in for a walking thingy do da...
    in for Rosser park too, is that the botanical gardens?
    im sooooooooooo tired going to bed now.....
    toodles

CatherineL Guest

Aww.. shucks for the welcomes!

Mummabear - would be a great idea to get an exercise group together.. I even said to Sharon i'd be keen going to a pool.. not sure where one is near us? But maybe it would be a nice little outting for the tots as well?

Amy - I think i met a lady in another thread 7th Heaven? I think she said she was from Tierri, Moranbah or Emerald?

Sharon - Way too many hills babe.. i am sooo unfit it's not funny.. Daniel keeps telling me not to exercise because of all the weight i already lost, but i wanna keep myself strong for birth iykwim?

So exciting to meet other people from the Coast!! Seriously.. i know noone!

Yeah talk about unfit haha...my hubby is a personal trainer and im still a blimp! Will be awesome to be pregnant together catherine! Our due dates are only a few days apart!! I had a look at ur website, how come you had to get rid of your kitten!! It was so cute. I hope the doc didnt say there was putting the baby at risk because of the cat poop!? Silly man.

Hey gilly! Yep the park is the botanical gardens. Really looking forward to it. ANyone who has stale bread at home, bring that because there are heaps of ducks and geese. Bailey loves it.

Talk to you all soon!

CatherineL Guest

Yeah - that's exactly why we had to give Meika away..we didn't want to jeopardise this pregnancy as it took us so long to get here! The doctor didn't say we had to, but gave us the risks involved and Daniel said in the end that it was better off did. Gosh i cried so much.. it was terrible!

It will be great knowing some else in the area that is due about the same time as me.. how exciting! I hear what ya saying about DH being a PT, Daniel is a body builder - and we used to get into it pretty heavy together.. but i just gave up on it - i got sick of working out almost everyday and soon as i took a week off i felt like i would have to start all over again because of muscle loss! By all means, i wasn't body building.. lol

Are you showing yet Mummabear? I'm not.. =( Where did you go for you 12/13 week scan if you had one? Did you get a DVD?

Hey Catherine,
    Yeah I am definitely showing, but this is my third bub so I have NOOO stomach muscles!! haha.
    That is such a shame about your little kitten. I have always had cats during my pregnancies and they have always been fine. I think if your cat is exclusivly indoors and you make sure you wash ur hands really well after you change the litter then there is no problem. I am breeding Birmans, so you can have one of my kittens. My girl should be having a litter around Christmas!! I cant wait.

Ummm 12 week scan...I went to Southcoast radiology at Robina. They dont do dvds there, however I am volunteering for the Institute of Ultrasound and I had a scan with them last week. They are so nice there. So if you want to see your baby a little more often and help out the trainee Dr's there, then you should!. I will hunt down the number for you. They are always on the look out for pregnant mummies.

Anyway better get these boys some dinner. Do you use msn?

CatherineL Guest

Mummabear - Do i use MSN? Hell yes.. i think it's my life line when Danny isn't home! lol

I was just wondering who you went to for your u/s because i have been going to QLD Ultrasound for Women. Wow how exciting... about the kittens! I will definately plead my case to Dan to see if i am allowed one... i know he didn't like the thought of Meika because someone was telling us about cats sufficating babies?? I think cats are indoor creatures, otherwise people take them etc. and when ever my old cat would come out to the clothes line with me, she would get bindies in her fur.. poor little baby!

Welcome CatherineL. I'm new to this post as well and have also recently moved to the GC from Sydney. Loving it so far. I live south on the GC towards Palm Beach. Congrats on the pregnancy too.

Wondering if any of the mums with older kids have any tips for toilet training? I'm definitley not enjoying this period of my little pumpkins life...well, anything to do with going to the toilet at least. She's got the number 1's all sorted although refers to wanting to do any motion as "done poohs" ....I'm about to give up though as it's a very frustrating time with number 2's! When she's halfway through an activity she'll ask to go, so of course we take her. Once on the toilet for a bit, she then doesn't want to do it, but then 5 minutes later she wants to go back to the toilet. Eventually we give up and don't take her to the toilet anymore and low and behold, she'll do it in her pants She doesn't appear to have a "usual" time that she does them and can sometimes be done a day later despite a diet high in fibre and fluids. I don't recall any particular time where it hurt her and consequently she is holding onto them, so not real sure how to approach this bump in the road so to speak. Anyway, would love any tips anyone has.....SO over "done poohs"

hey Amy girl, maybe Claire or Dee or Kel or Anna has some advise, im not there yet unless we are talking fur babies LOL...
    So is Tuesday a happening thing? i hope so and i hope lots of us can make it. Eden lurves big days out in the fresh air and is fascinated by trees and stuff so we cant wait, hopefully the beautiful weather continues. But also hopefully we'll see some rain too. Everybody have a great long weekend.
    Last edited by Edensmumma; May 5th, 2007 at 02:42 AM. Reason: too early to be up trying to spell

Hi all... im in for tuesday.. Remember if anyone wants to meet on another day i woudl love it.! Olivia woudl love to play with the older kids ..

xoxo BBL.. need some breaky

New thread time HERE

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789