Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mums in the Central Brisbane area

Default Mums in the Central Brisbane area

Hi, I live in the Inner suburbs of Brisbane, and was wondering if there are any mothers or mothers to be who would love to catch up for coffee, just to get out and about during the days. I have a 8 month old and currently 18 weeks pregnant with #2. I would love to meet other mums with bubs around the same age or have bubs on the way.

Hi Mummy Mel
    WELCOME TO BB
    I am in the Northern area of brissy but I am keen to travel outwards to meet with some other mothers from belly belly
    I have my little man Jacob.... nearly 4 months now!!
    I am waiting waiting for AF to arrive at the moment... just did a home preg test but it came up negative ..... pheeeww... but .... oooohhh... was in two minds.. hehe

I have to go back to work full time in the city on April 2nd so am keen to get out as much as I can before I have to drudge back to the city everyyyyyyyy dayyyyyyyyy.....

You can message me on MSN if you like

xoxoxoxo

ooo whoops... thought you were a newbie.. hehehe...

I'm interested in meeting up, I really need to get out of the house LOL.
    My DD is two and DS is 4 months.

Kitty I haven't used MSN before, but if it's suits we could just organise it on here.
    Flea, where would be a convenient place for you to meet, I live in Newfarm what about you too Kitty any place you would prefer?

I'm in Hawthorne but I have a car so anywhere is fine for me!

Anywhere is fine with me too maybe we could treat ourselvs to a meet at southbank or something like that.?

Sounds fine with me, isn't there a nice park at hawthorne flea, I haven't been there but just have heard it's good, what's your opinion on it? South Bank will be fine with me though, what days would better suit you guys

any day during the week is good for me... saturday and sunday is usually family day
    oooo... I am excited

Most weeks days are good for me too, DH and I share a car so just depends when he's off work etc, but I can always drop him off early in the morning.

I am good any day... I have the car so if you guys would like to let me know that would be sooo awesome
    I have to go and vacum and mop as its long overdue
    [email protected]
    I will follow up the post in an hour or so...
    Where ever you guys decide is totally cool with me... just give me an address if possible as I am not very familiar with the east, west or south of brissy.. but my refedex will get me there

hey everyone. id defintley be interested in meeting up. i think id prefer somewhere on the north side though - my little man doesnt like the car too much. but if its somewhere like southbank then i guess he'll have to deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy Mel View Post
    Sounds fine with me, isn't there a nice park at hawthorne flea, I haven't been there but just have heard it's good, what's your opinion on it? South Bank will be fine with me though, what days would better suit you guys
    Yep there's a nice park in Oxford St at Bulimba that's quite popular.
    The park is good for me because DD can run around without getting into too much trouble - cafe's are a bit of a challenge for me atm she would rip the place apart in 5 minutes
    Southbank is good too.
    Monday, Thurs and Fri are good days for me, but really any weekday is good.

I don't know if this could be an idea, my sil meets with a groups of mothers once a week, each week one mother picks an area wheather it be a her own house or a park near her house that they meet and supplies cake & coffee, and they take it in turns, the next week someone else chooses & so on. How would something like this sound? That way everyone gets to choose.
    If not, I'm easy, either oxford park or south bank is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy Mel View Post
    I don't know if this could be an idea, my sil meets with a groups of mothers once a week, each week one mother picks an area wheather it be a her own house or a park near her house that they meet and supplies cake & coffee, and they take it in turns, the next week someone else chooses & so on. How would something like this sound? That way everyone gets to choose.
    If not, I'm easy, either oxford park or south bank is fine with me.
    I really like this idea! Is everyone else up for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    I really like this idea! Is everyone else up for this?
    Hi, iam bris southside and would like to come if thats okay. Bulimba has that big park that would be good. Otherwise new farm park too. Either are good. I work Monday and Wednesday mornings and Tuesday afternoons though. But if those days suit everyone else then don't worry about us.
    Last edited by AliVB; February 9th, 2007 at 04:03 PM.

Sounds great to me guys
    So how do we choose who goes first.... rock scissors paper :P hehehe
    I am happy to go anywhere you guys like so maybe cause mummy mel started the post you could go first ??

Oh, thanks Kitty.
    What about Bulimba/Oxford Park (don't know what it is called). Flea do you know if there is a place you can get take away coffees? That way we can all get a coffee etc, and I can also bring a bun & some fresh fruit, which should be enough to keep us and the kiddies happy. How does this sound to all? Do it as a morning tea or afternoon tea.
    Last edited by Meluchja; February 9th, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast