Thread: New to Brissy northside

mum22 Guest

Red face New to Brissy northside

Hi there

This is my first time on this site. We have recently moved up to Brissy from Canberra does anyone have any suggestions on good playgroups where we could meet some new friends for the kids and me

I have a little girl who is turning 3 in July and little boy who is one on Thursday.

Woud love to hear from anyone with similar aged kids around the area.

Hi Mum22

Welcome to BB. I'm only 5 weeks pregnant so cant really help you with your playgroup question (just yet) but just wanted to know where in North Brisbane are you from? I'm from North Lakes near Redcliffe.

mum22 Guest

Hi there, thanks for your reply. We are inner north near newmarket, grange area. Goodluck with your pregancy - I have a friend in Canberra who is due the day before you.

chellebellarina Guest

Hi there, I too have just moved to Brissy, from Sydney tho... would love to meet some local mum's here... I live in Clayfield...

michelle1 Guest

Hi There!
    I'm also new to Brisbane from NSW. I have a 2 year old son and a am currently 14 weeks pregnant. I would also love to meet some new mums! I'm in Arana Hills. Does anyone know of any playgroups in the area?

HI michelle
    I live in Keperra and attend a playgroup at St Williams Primary School which is on Dawson Parade at Grovely - not far from Arana Hills. We have a mix of ages but quite alot around the 2-3 age group. Everyone is really friendly. We meet on Mondays from 9:30 - 11:30. If you look us up on the playgroup site you will find a contact number.

michelle1 Guest

Smile Thanks!!!

Thanks so much for getting back to me!
    It's amazing as I looked on the playgroup site and rang the number for the St Williams group about an hour before I read your reply!!! I haven't heard back yet so I'll keep trying, but it sounds great! I did notice that quite a few groups had no vacancies, do you think people would mind if I joined this group?

nschuts Guest

Hi all.

I live in Staffford with my hubby and 6wk old adaughter and would also love to meet other mums in the area to help sustain my insanity!

Jodestar21 Guest

Hi everyone,

We have a Northside Mums and Bubs group that meets every Wednesday at 10.30. The ages of the bubs ranges from 6 weeks to about 15 months and we meet at each others homes. Everyone usually brings their mats and a few toys and the bubs do tummy time while we get to have a coffee and chat (and join in the playtime!!!) We have only been up and running for about 6 weeks and anyone is welcome. Let me know if you're interested,

Jode

Hi there everyone,

I know of a great play group (not officially one) that meets at Bridgeman Baptist Church, Bridgeman Downs, on tuesdays and Thursdays at 9.30. Lots of mums and kids from birth to Kinder. Morning tea, free play, craft, activities and the leaders are really friendly, lovely girls. I think it costs $2 per family???? Anyone is welcome and they don't have a numbers limitation.

All the best,

Lynnette x

nschuts Guest

Default interested in joining

hi Jode,
    I am definatly interested. sounds like my kind of thing!
    Last edited by nschuts; May 25th, 2007 at 03:21 PM.