Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: playgroups/mothers groups/exercise groups...hervey bay

Hey Nicky, I am sorry to say we didnt end up moving to HVB as you can see we moved close to my Family in Melbourne I am begining to wonder why.... Its so very cold ATM....

BHL and I are skirting around the fact the we both think we might have made a big mistake moving out of QLD but I dont think we are ready to amit it yet... So you never know we might make it to HVB one day after all.... but for the next 2 yrs( maybe less) we are here...

I hope you get to meet some people from around there.... enjoy swimming in summer without those stinger hanging around....

nicky33 Guest

thanx tali for getting backto me.i know what you mean about the cold.we are all feeling it moving down this far.just one word of advise about hervey bay as we are considering moving back to cairns at the moment...make sure hubby can get into a job here as it is shocking in the work department.not many jobs going (probably for new comers to the town) and not good pay.just thought i would give you a tip.all the best and thank you.....nicky

torn_is Guest

Talking

Did anyone find any of the baby groups?
    I would love to find some mums that love to take there kids out to the park or the beach, just to get out of the house. I have a 4 year old boy, 3 year old girl and a 18 month old boy. I am 23 and would love to meet some new people just so I can start getting out of the house with the children.

butterflykissez4mum Guest

i have tried a few playgroups since i moved here almost a yr ago, and to be honest i didnt find them very friendly...seems really hard to crack into this smaller town and make a few friends.
    im 25 and i have 2 little girls, one will be 3 in dec and the other will be 2 in dec, also expecting another baby xmas eve.
    have you lived here long?

torn_is Guest

Hi,
    I have lived in Hervey Bay for 4 years now, but have also found it difficult making friends.
    I live In Eli Waters, been in this area for a year. My two oldest kids go to daycare at ELM in Kawungan.
    Do you know what your 3rd child is? Do you have any names?

torn_is Guest

I just relised all 3 due in December, man you must get broke that month with xmas there too. And i just saw your having a boy. Planning on anymore kiddies?

hi, lol...i know it wasnt planned that way but dec is certainly a busy month! i am also in dec!
    yes im told we are having a little boy this time should be nice for a change, we will call him ethan.
    eli waters in a nice area, my husband works near there. we are in scarness.
    im told no more kids...3's enough my husband says, but thats what he said after the 2nd one lol.
    do your kids go to daycare full time or just a few days a week?

torn_is Guest

Hi,
    My oldest two go to daycare on Tuesdays and thursdays. But the 18month old is still home with me 24-7. Yeah no more kids for us hopefully. But who knows maybe one day when they are all at school we can look at maybe having another one, only time will tell.
    My partner works at the RSL, he is a security Guard down there.

My kids and I usually go to Point vernon for the park and beach but latelly have been using the one across from the apex park i think its called. Its near the woolies street. I like it there, cause when the tide is going out the water is just right depth for the kids and one day we can bring our puppy there too.

What do you do with yourself? Do you work? Do your kids go to a daycare?

that must be nice just having the one to look after when your other 2 are at daycare, a little bit of a break.
    i still have both my girls at home with me, maybe i might look at daycare when this baby arrives, for now though im enjoying my time with them.
    we have just got back from tasmania, i took the girls over to see their grandparents.
    we spend a fair bit of time at home but sometimes we venture down to the park on the esplanade...the one with the whales, or the beach now with the warmer weather. i dont have anywhere in particular as long as there are toilets nearby for the girls.
    not working at the moment, apart from being full time mum/ cook / housekeeper ect...lol

how do you like hervey bay? where did you move from?

Default hi

Hi all !

I am relatively new to hervey bay too. I don't know many people here. My partner and I brought a house here last year in URANGAN, and we are parents to a 18 month old boy. I would love to know of any playgroups etc that I can attend. Also it would be great to meet other mums in the area too, and organize walks, outings etc. Feel free to drop me a line on [email protected]

Love n Light,
    MelissA

ok ok ok I can see that none of you really talk on this site anymore but I still live in hope that you still get the email notices....

Ok so it looks like if BHL gets this job he is pretty keen on moving to HVB, so what I need to know is ( thats if you dont mind telling me )

Where are the good burbs to move to, which are not so good... I would love to live close to the beach ( whats the point of living in HVB and not using the beach hey ) so was thinking about Torquary, Piaba or point vernon....

Does anyone know what the schools are like and which are the good one and which are the one to stear clear from... ( DS is already having learning difficalitys ) Is there playgroups, and what shops do you have there now I know when I went 2 yrs ago not much but Target but I know they were meant to be building more... Where do you shop do you have to drive to Bundy?

Anyway I wont write to much seeing as no one's really around anymore...

hoping to hear back from someone soon...

Smile New to HVB

Hi everyone,
    We have just moved to Eli Waters. My eldest girl who is in prep goes to St James Lutheran Collage. My 3 year old will start the kindy soon hopefully.
    Its a small school but we perfer it that way.
    We moved th Eli becuase you can rent a new house pretty cheap and its only a 10min drive to the beach and a 3 min drive to school.
    I would love to meet some mums in the area. We plan on having more children soon hopefully. Give me a message some time [email protected]

Smile Hervey Bay Mothers

Hello Everyone,
    I moved to HB a while back with my fiancee and little girl who is 2 in Nov. Would love to catch up with some other mothers in the area. Does anyone know of any mother's groups or informal catch up's???
    J x

Hi everyone!!!

Is anyone still on this site?? I'm only a newbie to BB and a long time resident of Hervey Bay (about 17 years now) I have two boys, one is 3 and the other is 6 months and definitely be having one more bub within the next 2 years.

We would love to meet any other mums and dads in the area, we don't really know anyone here with kids. I've been trying on a few sites to find some but haven't had any luck so far.

Hope we get some sort of group happening!

Hey, I just wanted to mention that Star of the Sea childcare run a playgroup. Because it's affiliated with childcare there's really good resources and it's a good chance to pick the brains of the early childhood people around the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12