Thread: BumGenius?

Default BumGenius?

HI! I just tried out the bumgenius pocket nappy with the microfibre insert on DS and after about 30 minutes of it being on wee had leaked up his back! Have I done something wrong? I prewashed it once, maybe I need to wash it a few more times? Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with them. I have peapods with the bamboo insert and haven't had this happen.

sounds like he needs hemp or bamboo boosting!! microfibre inserts are prone to compression leaks next time chuck in a peapod bamboo insert and see how taht goes

I use this brand on DS and have never had a leak once. (They're supposed to take 444ml of liquid). Although, I did wash my inserts five times before I used them. I boost them at night with a bamboo booster and they work great. Maybe try wash them a few more times?

Celsie. xoxox

Just a thought? Have you got the snaps or the velcro? I've got a snaps Haute pocket nappy and I HATE it!!! It never fits right and always manages to leak.

Celsie. xoxox

I've only had 1 leak, and that was around the legs. I now use an extra microfibre towel in there too. I reckon use some extra boosting. Love the nappy, its worth persevering with.

I got the velcro tabs, maybe I could try doing it up a bit firmer. That's a great suggestion to try the bamboo booster, I'll give it a try! I think I'll also give it a few more washes and see if that helps. I'm really keen to do away with the disposables and use cloth, guess it's just a matter of finding what works for us!

Sweetpea, we've been using the BumG pockets since Riv's birth, and started off using just a microfibre insert - when he got to perhaps 5 months, suddenly he increased his weeing ability and now we definitely always use 2 boosters - usually a microfibre and a bamboo or hemp. So - I'd use a microfibre (closest to his bott to quickly soak up the wee) and then a bamboo or hemp (to hold more moisture!).

All the best, they're a great nappy, sounds like you need to use more than one booster though!

Nelle - I think you're right, I'll have to get some boosters for them. I'm getting addicted to online shopping