Thread: #2, the second freak out

Default #2, the second freak out

Ok, so it's highly likely that DW TeniBear is pg with our 2nd child!

Though after what happened with Ianto, I'm not wanting to get my hopes up. It was a faint confirmation line, but it WAS there! and for the rest of the day, she was happier than she has been since Feb!

I want to be happy and over the moon that I'm gonna be a daddy again! But my head just keeps saying that it'll happen again... We've decided that we will refuse to see the same "doctor" that she was booked in with for Ianto's pg, 1) We can't understand a word he fricken says and 2) he doesn't have a proper "bedside" manner... and apparently no matter how highlighted the test results are in red, the test came back "normal"

I know this has gone through her head and she's doing her best t block it out, but even I know that it's only a matter of time before it gets to her and she breaks down! I love her to bits, but I don't know if either of us are strong enough to go through this again!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Congratulations

Hugs, I can understand your concern and worry. You guys are strong and will get past all the worry and scares. I am sure there will be many tears along the way, thats to be expected.

Take each day at a time, book into a hospital that makes you feel comfortable and confident in there ability.

Good luck

I think that your concerns regarding the doctor are well founded (just from reading teni's posts in the past). and no matter, even if he was a nice guy he's just not the right fit for you guys if you know what i mean. i can highly recommend taking a 'different' road for this journey; it is no doubt going to have its challenges (as well as beauties xx) but i found that after recovering from my post traumatic stress disorder after the birth of my daughter it was VERY important that i minimise the associations of the awful care that i received and it has made a difference this time around. it might be worth while even investigating different hospitals (you can book into a few) and get to know some of the care-providers and then when you find the right person (and you'll know when you do) then you can cancel your other bookings and go from there (for example, i live in Northcote and booked into RWH, Box Hill AND the mercy FBC). we went to the tours and spoke to the midwives (only cause we were going with a midwife led care...but i guess if you guys go OB it will be similar).

sending you big and congratulations (i could see the line that teni posted!!).

also, I can only speak from a perspective of having lost pregnancies in the early weeks, but I found that it is normal for the trepidation and fear once you see that BFP. One way that I have processed that is that as a parent it is inbuilt that you feel the need to protect your family and you love them so so dearly...even from the moment that second line comes up, and it's ok. it's ok to be scared, you love them. take the fear and direct it: use it to make a positive (and trust me, it seems you are already doing it...getting rid of that doctor is the beginning of renewal and protection for you, for teni, for Ianto and for this little bubba).

I can see what you mean. I would be nervous too though.

good luck ! xx

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDuck View Post
    We've decided that we will refuse to see the same "doctor" that she was booked in with for Ianto's pg, 1) We can't understand a word he fricken says and 2) he doesn't have a proper "bedside" manner... and apparently no matter how highlighted the test results are in red, the test came back "normal"
    And 3) We're going to try to get into Sunshine hospital's homebirth program

We can do this... (Can someone remind me of this when I do have my mental breakdown? It'll probably come later on...)
    Last edited by TeniBear; October 15th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.

17 and a half weeks in, still no complete meltdown!

...Okay, I'm sure I have had one, but I can't remember it so it doesn't count

OMG you too, your freakin me out... Why didn't I see this post earlier - well I guess it wouldn't have changed anything in my life even if I did see it earlier. What I am trying to say is, I have just written a long post about being abanded by my GP, and the reasons you gave above OMG... my GP was south african and the accent caught me out a couple of times, and his bedside manner, that was the exact wording my DH used.

Anyway all that aside, I wish you both the very best.