Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 4 really that big??

I think that's a) fab and b) none of anyone else's business.

I was never absolutely deadset on having kids (thought I'd be a lousy mum) but having had my first one recently I've decided that I'd like about 15. Pity I'm 38 so bit too late for me! But I'm sure some people would be appalled if I was still able to have kids at, say, 45. Too old to run around after them yahdeyahdeyahde, she'll be 70 when they're 25 etc. etc. And if I'd started at 24, other people would have said I was too young, should be concentrating on career etc. etc. So you just have to ignore people.

If your kids bring you joy, then just keep bringing on that joy I reckon.

Congratulations on #4 Lane!! Hope you have a great pregnancy.

Congratulations, Lane!! I think it's fabulous and wonderful news! Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations!! I too am expecting #4! Wishing you a H&H pregnancy!!

Congratulations - i hope u have a great pregnancy

I have friends who say it harder to go from 2 to 3 than it is to go from 3 to 4 as most of the time whn you get to 3 the 1st is starting school so you have to learn to do the school run plus feed and wake baby at all the wrong times but when you get to 4 you are a pro at the mother thing and baby just has to learn to deal with waht its got ( thay come out knowing that they are number 4)

I had always said I wanted 3 children and that now what I have, when I had my last child everyone would say so thats it then or so is DH going to have the chop. But now DH and I are thinking of having a 4th as I still dont think I'm done yet. I have started to tell people that we want another on in a few years and when DH asked why I would tell everyone that we want more when its a few years away, I told him that it so that when we do fall that last thing I want to hear is was this a mistake or did you plan it, so I though that if I tell them now maybe they will cope better, As I come from a family of 7 my sisters are already saying that I will be " just like mum" and have 7 but what if I do if thats what we want then thats what we will do.I have also gotten the question is DH happy with this, Wtf like I would just go and have 4 with out asking or us decussing this. So I am more than ready when the time comes for the shock and strange looks but who cares as long as where happy.

congratulations on the pregnancy
    Its your choice how many kids you have so I wouldnt listen too much to anyone elses reactions. People like to comment on whatever they can, they would prob be horrified if you only had 1 baby......
    I think if you want a large family then its brilliant.

you go girl......congrats on #4

Congratulations, Lane!!

I get this sort of thing all the time from family, I have not long ago given birth to our gorgeous 3rd baby a little girl and I truly cant wait to have another it is in my heart to have 4 but yeah I get the same awful looks and judgements from so many people mainly family, the one thing I just dont get is honestly what does it have to do with any of them *shrugs* I mean really whats the deal with that huh I just dont get it, Congratulations hun its great news and I am really happy for you that you have got your #4

It really is disappointing when family feel the need to bring you down when you're at your happiest. But, we are soooo excited. I too felt strongly about having number 4 and feel really blessed to have a DH who's very supportive. He laughs as he remembered telling his Mum and 15 how he was going to have 4 kids one day. His Mum replied, good luck finding a wife willing mate!

Thanks for your support girls! Best wishes to all expectant Mums and to Tali and Amy for your future number 4 babies!

It was our first & 2nd that got the negative reactions, coz we were both so young - 17 & 19 when I fell with DD1.
    This is our third & everyone is happy for us.
    Congrats & have as many as you like. This is my last as I get too sick during pregnancy. I would love to ba able to have more.
    Good luck & enjoy.

Thanks lane that is really sweet, LMAO at your MIL saying that to your DH when he was younger well didnt that backfire on her hehehehe the best revenge I think ( in a good way )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12