Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im scared

Default Im scared

Hey everyone

Just found out that indeed I am pregnant

Im so scared

Congratulations!

Do you have some people around you for support?

not really

i live in melb and my family lives in perth

Congratulations

Im sorry your feeling scared...How far along are you?

it says on a calculator 7 weeks but im still unsure

congratulations and wish u all the best!
    this is your first?

mhm first

Hi Kobeh - I'm Ashlea, and as you can see from my ticker I have a four month old baby boy.

One year ago today (and yes I remember) I had just found out I was pregnant too, and I was absolutely terrified. So I can understand where you are coming from. It is a tough and anxious journey - but you will get through it.

I was pretty scared as being only 19 at the time I had not many friends support and wasn't sure how the family would take it - but all went as smoothly as I could have asked for.

BellyBelly has been my saving grace in most of this time - it offers many peoples knowledge, support and encouragement. So I hope you do stay around - especially with no family support I'm sure you will be able to make great friends. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you?

Take care.
    x.

Im 22

Im really scared how my partner will take it (wasnt planned) especially my parents. I live in the SE suburbs (moorabbin)

There's LOTS of support and friends on here for you Kobeh.

When do you plan on telling them?

How do YOU feel? Apart from scared?

umm

ill tell my partner tonight i think. I dont think ill be able to keep it in much longer

i dont know how i feel.. sick, scared, sad

i mean i always wanted kids but i just started uni

DS wasn't planned either - but if it is the path you decide to take, one big step to overcome is trying to accept it as a 'welcome surprise' or planned from here on in.

My partner and I had only been together 3 1/2 months so it was pretty scary for both of us, but I would have had the baby even if he had left me. I know it would have been hard, but it was a decision I was prepared to make.

As for the parents - my mum was pregnant too, so it was strange. She had me at 18 so I knew she couldn't criticise persay, but it's still a scary process. The hardest thing for a parent to accept is that they think their kids could have made 'more' of their lives (uni, career, etc) - but I honestly couldn't be happier that I am now, as a mum. I found it really empowering to process these kinds of thoughts before telling my mum (even though I was scared as all hell) and she laughed her pants off (over the phone), before yelling "I'm going to be a Grandma" at the top of her lungs.

You will get people telling you that you have 'options' - and if that is a path you should decide on there is a Termination Support Group which you can PM an admin or mod to join to help support you. But if you want this baby, you will make it work.

It is daunting, but it's so worth it.

There is a younger mums forum on the site - if you pop in there some of them can probably share their unexpected stories too.

Sorry for the long dribbly post - If you like you can add me to MSN, I'd be happy to chat more - just click that little blue/green man in the top right corner of the post and it will pop up.

Ashlea
    x.

ETA: As for uni - you'll still be able to finish this year. Then defer a year and then go back. Maybe your uni has a childcare too - Uni c/c are normally pretty cheap too. It's hard to process the major changes - I totally understand that, but you will get there .

SugarDust Guest

As Ashleajayne has said if you need us we are here to help you through what ever you decide!

I was 20 when i found out i was expecting my 1st and was scared as to what everyone would say but they all accepted it and love my 2 boys like there is no tomorrow and as you can see i am now expecting #3.

Good luck with what ever you decide!

congrats!! and keep ur chin up.

Good luck with telling your partner and parents. It is a scary time so I hope they give you the support you need.

Most unis have counsellors and assistance for people in situations like yourself. I would definitely go and see what services are available so that you can get some support or advice on where you can go to get some help. You may be able to access special consideration, counselling, doctors, childcare or extra financial support.

Belly Belly is also a great support and there are young parents groups on here as well.

Just wanted to say good luck. :goodluck2:

Kobeh - I just wanted to pop in to say good luck too. You are about to start the journey of a lifetime (whether the baby was planned or not) and believe me, there is no greater job in the world than being a Mum.

As Nai mentioned, go and see your uni counsellor as they will have programs in place for new Mums. In this day and age, there is no need for you to be stranded at home with a new baby if uni is where you want to be. When I was at uni, there was a lady who bought her new baby to uni with her and we used to love it !!!

Check the Belly Belly Meet Ups page and see if there are any meet ups in your area. I have just started a mothers group and it is great to have face to face support as well as online support.

Good luck with your partner tonight and all the best!

He wants me to have an abortion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast