Thread: 12weeks & m/s getting worse

Default 12weeks & m/s getting worse

Hi all,

I'm 12w3d, and this morning sickness has started to reach an all time high I was up this morning throwing up in the loo.
    I thought it was supose to ease off after 12weeks not get worse,but then again I may be one of those who are unlucky enough to get it for longer.Bubs good so that's the main thing I know,so sorry for whinging.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what may help relieve this m/s?

Hope your all really well

Take care Leah

Hi Leah,

I haven't really had much m/s myself (although I'm only 7 1/2 weeks) so this isn't from personal experience, but I've heard that snacking constantly through the day can really help. Also ginger is supposed to be really effective. The GP I saw recommended eating some dry biscuits before getting up too.

Hope you are feeling heaps better soon!

Weegie Guest

Hi Leah.

I had morning sickness from about 7 weeks. The absolute worse week for me was when I was 13 weeks. It was awful! After that week I was fine, it was all gone. I still get nausea every now and then, if I'm tired or haven't eaten breakfast etc. but it's nothing like it used to be. Hopefully you're the same - just get an awful dose of morning sickness for the last week before it all goes away...

Hey Westy,

I am finding that my m/s has just kicked into overdrive, with me just feeling like I have a major hangover, all day, I am hoping this does not continue for another 4 or so weeks, think I will go mad.

Hope yours is on the way out

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Leah,
    I hate to say it but the 12 week mark doesn't guarantee that m/s is going anywhere any time soon. Everyone is different.
    I had m/s from about 7 weeks through to 17 weeks. It started off as me feeling queasy allllll day. Once I hit 12-13 weeks, it changed to where I would be sick every single morning - no matter what. I got very good at having a big glass of fruit juice as soon as I got up and within 30 minutes to an hour, I would be throwing it back up again. Then I was able to eat breakfast and go about my day. I still had boughts of it throughout some days (and had quite a few sick days at home because of it) but it was a little easier to manage than feeling gross all day long!
    My 17 weeks it started to subside to where I still had nausea in the mornings but I found it was because I was hungry. Eventually it went away (by the 3rd Trimester) where you have a whole bunch of other things to worry about (indigestion, tiredness etc. etc.).
    It's all so wonderful, isn't it?? LOL

Thanks girls for your replies.
    My m/s hasn't improved at all today, wondering what tomorrow will bring. 8-[

I can't eat very much at all, i just had some cheese and tomato under the grill and have since started to feel worse again so i don't know. #-o
    I'm forcing myself to eat because i know i need to have something in my stomach.

Hope you are all getting over the m/s now too.

Take care Leah

Leah,

When I was PG with Olivia I found my MS got worse from 12-14 weeks, but then at 15 weeks, all of a sudden it disappeared totally and my appetite came back with a vengance, and I felt fan-bloody-tastic!

Obviously we are all different, but I hope this pattern is the same for you then at least you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Leah

I also had bad m/s,all day nausea from week 6-10.Then it went and my appetite came back, but from week 12 till now I still feel off colour and my appetite comes and goes.Theres nothing I can suggest as like you I am struggling with it.Its funny because my sister had it so bad she was vomiting quite badly everyday from week 6-14 and she said I was lucky only FEELING sick!yeh right I think I'd rather puke and be done.I know how you feel, run down and fed up, but hang in there and hopefully we only have a few more weeks left of this!

amalie Guest

hi Leah sorry to hear about the m/s. I had morning sickness up until a few weeks ago and it got worse around 12 weeks too. one thing that was comforting is that dr said that it meant that hormone levels were just really high and that it was a good sign that the baby was healthy.. which made me feel a bit better.
    the things that helped me were to eat regularly to make sure that your sugar levels dont get too low, eating a bit later at night seemed to help me feel less sick in the morning for some reason. Also ginger travel sickness lollies ( sound yummy dont they.. not) they were in a green packet at woolworths in the vitamin section. and i did also notice when i changed the pregnancy vitamins i was taking to 'fabfol' that helped too
    ( when told OB he said alot of other women had reported less m/s after taking it too??), and taking the vitamins at night rather than in the morning made a difference. Hope this helps and m/s doesnt get you too down, will hopefully ease up soon

davvie Guest

Hi Leah

I was living on the hope of the wonderous 12wk mark too, but then when i got there, nada, nothing zilch!! No improvement and I was not happy Jan!!!

The best thing that works for me is to have loads of nibbles in my bag at work and even tho Im not hungry, just make sure you have something every 2 hours or so, like rice crackers, fruit, yoghurt, all low fat stuff that wont make you pile on the kg's.

Im week 15 now and had a lovely power chuck episode in the shower yesterday morning so goodness knows when this all m/s crap is gonna end!

Good luck with it sweety, just think, bubs is soooo worth it , well thats what I telll myself anyways! hehehe

I hope that everyone else's m/s fades quickly.

I didn't really have any M/S until 12 weeks, now its here to stay ( iguess) Am 22 weeks and still blugh. I have found eating things I actually feel like helps, but yeah eating, very small amts helps too. And apparantly carbs help, Bikkies, bread etc
    You know chocolate always seems to stay down LOL 8-[