Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 weeks pregnant and concerned

Default 6 weeks pregnant and concerned

Hello I am new to this forum, and 6 weeks pregnant, I have my first scan on 30th June, and am worrying, hoping that there will be a heartbeat.

Is 6 weeks too early to have the first ultrasound?

Usually the hb can be seen from 6 weeks, but not always - usually due to the dates being off by a day or so. So it's usually recommended to have it once you are a few days over 6 weeks to allow for that. Even if the hb can't be seen though, they would be able to see and measure the egg sac. Congratulations and best of luck.

I would say it's natural to feel so scared and unsure in this early stage. I definately did, i didn't feel sucure at all until i had my first scan. I had fears that we'd go and they'd say there was no baby. If you have a scan early or just wait till your 12 weeks i hope you stay healthy and well and try not to worry too much. Good luck

Hi & welcome

By the time you have your scan, you will be just over 7 weeks pregnant so that's a great time to have your scan. You will see alot more than if you were to have one at 5-6weeks.
    If all is okay which i'm sure it will be, then you will see a beautiful little HB beating fast....it's so beautiful seeing it.
    We had our 8 wk scan on Monday (our first scan) and it really made me feel at ease after seeing the strong HB.

Good luck i wish you all the best in your pregnancy!! :goodluck2:

Don't worry at all. I had my first scan at 5 weeks and 3 days and nothing, i had another at 6 weeks and 4 days and the h/b was like 112bpm which they said was normal as it normally only starts from 6-7 weeks (but you could have ovulated a little later and therefore your a couple of days off, i know i was) so dont worry its perfectly normal.
    Good luck with your pregaz

Not sure if i'm allowed to post this here but just wanted to say congrats renstar and that my boy was due on the 26/01/07. Same date just 2 years later!! He was born on the 22nd in the end but still...

Good luck again bub2be once you see that heartbeat you'll feel much better about it all.

um i saw my first little mans heart beat when i was 7 weeks so i dont see why not

Hi Bub2be,

I am 6 weeks and 4 days and also really scared. Because I conceived with IVF I have had weekly bloodtests for the past 3 weeks which have all had great results but I am still nervous. I have my first ultrasound on Wednesday (7 weeks 1 day) and look forward to hearing the heartbeat

Congratulations & good luck

Good luck LJ and bub2be, i hope all goes well and after this initial scary first few months you get to enjoy being pg because it's a beautiful thing

Hi bub2be

First, congratulations on being pregnant !!!
    We heard heart beat at 5wks 6 days as we went through IVF and had some spotting, so our fantastic doctor immediately did an ultrascan to reassure us. Little heart flickering away in there was enough to bring tears to our eyes, and remembering that in the weeks following has helped us believe that this little baby will stick! This little squishy was a long time coming, so the heartbeat, and the overwhelming morning sickness, means that we are positive about baby growing as it's meant to.
    Good luck for your scan!
    Sending you sticky thoughts

Bub2Be, if you're 6 weeks pregnant now, it shouldn't be too early to see a heartbeat when you have your first scan on June 30. I saw a heartbeat when I had a scan at 6 weeks. with your scan and sending you lots of

Hi Bub2Be
    I am almost 10 weeks pg and conceived through IVF, so had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 1 day in the Drs office and then another one a week later. The first scan showed the presence of a heartbeat, as did the second one. I can understand you being scared, I was too, as I'd had a miscarriage last year at 7 weeks.

At 6 weeks you may not see a h/b - at 7 weeks you would be guaranteed of seeing it if it's there (and I'm sure it will be).

Aneta Guest

hmmm now im concerned that Im NOT getting a scan as early as you! My pregnancy is high risk and I thought I would be encouraged to get scans and tests as soon as possible, but I have to wait till just under 11wks for my first one! Is this normal??? Im 8 wks tomorrow...

If you are really concerned, ask your doctor for an internal ultrasound. It's probably better to have one and know that it's OK than worry for another few weeks! If your doctor doesn't have access to an internal ultrasound ( I don't think the normal ultrasounds pick up anything as early as 8 weeks ) then ask your doctor to refer you somewhere you can have it done.

Michelle100 Guest

Hi, I'm new here and just a little over 9 weeks by my calculations. I'm also considered high risk but my ultrasound isnt until this Wednesday. I thought I would have had one at 5 weeks. I am also very anxious over every little thing since this is my first pregnancy after TTC for many years. (we adopted our dd 13 years ago) I hope all goes well for everyone!

Kirst - thank you!! Being born around Australia Day is a great time of the year huh!!!

Hi Michelle, welcome and congrats on your preg
    It seems to vary a lot between people when everyone has their scans, as we were IVF, I think we automatically got an internal ultrasound at 6wks, but I would assume it would vary between doctor to doctor. Our next scan is not until 12 weeks.
    Only two days to wait though until you see your baby, lots of sticky thoughts and hugs for your scan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast