Thread: 7-8weeks and feeling too normal!

Default 7-8weeks and feeling too normal!

Hi Guys...

I havent had much time to set anything fancy up with my signature...anyways...

basically my last period was May 11th, and because I have a longer cycle, my GP thinks I should be around 7-8wks this week...

I'm seeing my OB for the first time next thursday, but both GP's I saw told me I dont have to get my first u/s done at this stage cos I know exactly when my last period was.

Anyway...so basically my problem is...I havent had any spotting...my mild cramping stopped about over 1 week ago...I'm not sick or anything..and at most, I have poop issues (but I've always had those problems with fibre), and brest tenderness...I feel like..a little queasy for two days this week...like...mild car sickness etc.

Would the baby have stopped developing over a week ago since I dont really have much cramping u think?? Should I be worried that I'm feeling too normal??

I mean apart from being turned of a few things with food last week...I'm really just feeling normal! I might take a HPT tomorrow morning to see if it's still BFP.

Can anyone let me know what it feels like to m/c? I mean how bad at the cramps? I've only known what mild dull cramps from periods and this pregnancy feels like...so would m/c cramps be different? I dont think I have felt any major cramps either u see.

Also, I'm booked in with Dr Huang at RPA, has anyone had any experiences with him?

thanks in advance for your help.

oh and btw...this is my first pregnancy =)

With DS I had no idea I was pg until I had a blood test to see what was wrong! I just missed a period. And kept missing a period. I really didn't know at all! It's perfectly normal to not "feel" pregnant at all and it isn't a bad sign (it wasn't in my case - I have a happy, healthy boy now).

You'll be fine, don't worry about this being your first, I bet your next will be different again so you'll still wonder what the blazes is going on!

sumomo,
    Oh I felt the same as you did for ages. I only had mild m/s and it only lasted a few weeks. I had dull cramps but nothing much. I was pretty tired and I had sore boobs. But other than that I felt completely normal. In fact I still do. I panicked also because it seemed everyone else who was as far along as me was suffering with a lot of symptoms. I even did another HPT and to my dismay it took a while for the second line to appear and it was faint so that made matters worse.
    But I figured I had no bleeding or sign of anything nasty happening so I prayed and kept myself busy until my first scan at 12 weeks. I can tell you I thought the 2ww was bad, 12ww is much worse. Scan day arrived and the moment the lady put that scanner on my tummy there was bubs as bright as day moving around like a gymnist. The little heart was beating nice and strong and I couldn't believe that this little baby was inside of me moving around and I couldn't feel a thing.

So try and hang in there, we could be the lucky ones and not suffer to badly with pregnancy symptoms. I for one and greatful for that. So far I have not needed to take even a day off work.

God luck and try to relax, that way time will fly faster. Why not get yourself a foot massage or something to help you relax?

sandy119120 Guest

Default MMM same!! 8 weeks pregnant

Hi,

I am the same I have the same weeks no feeling anything?no even breast tenderness. But after having 2 previous pregnancies feeling like I was going to die?.well this is kind of unusual?I have also a poo issue() but nothing else?so the doctor say to me I could have an ultrasound for my own peace ??.and many people say to me it is perfectly normal?I guess it just may be we always expect to feel pregnant ?.

Cheers!!!

ohhh girls my heart goes out to you. This is also my first pregnancy and i know exactly how u feel.
    Take in these good weeks where u dont feel anything coz u will want them later on!! I didnt believe i was pregnant either until my first u/s at 12 weeks. i went in there totally expecting to see nothing on the screen. There was tho U are both so early yet so u wont be feeling too much. I didnt chuck even once. Dont worry the sore breasts will come with time and when it does get here u will feel like u have jinxed urself coz it isnt the most pleasent thing in the world lol.
    So my advice to you is... relax.... take this time out to spoil urself...get a massage or something. Believe it or not u are both a step closer to being a mummy every hour that passes..

good luck and take care xoxo

Thanks everyone for your replies, I feel alot better. I'm seeing my OB for the first time on Thursday, hopefully I can talk him into a scan to see whether there's a heartbeat or something! I'll let you guys know how I go =)

sandy119120 Guest

Default Ultrasound!!

Hi everyone!!
    I am going for ultrasound this week, so as sunomo i hope everything is ok!! !!

Cheers!!!!

good luck at your ultrasound!

With Charlotte I had no symptoms the whole pregnancy. I used to joke with people that if it wasnt for my belly I wouldnt have known....even then, I worked until I was 8 months pregnant (i am a chef) and if I hadnt told them, te wouldnt have known until around 6 months! lol
    The first time I was pregnant I was soooo sick! Vomiting, sick all the time, the word food made me ill, tired, grumpy, really bad cramping... That ended in a mc at around 7-8 weeks, so symptoms are no idicator of a healthy bub as far as I know!

Anyway,hope all is well with the little one

sandy119120 Guest

hi,
    i just had my ultrasound they said the baby looks smaller like 6 1/2 weeks and the hearth beat slow!!!
    he didnt explain anthing else but i made a research it only means baby is going to die!!! i cant do enthing but i really one all this over and the i can clip my tubes i wont go trought this again!!!

take care!
    thanks everyone

sweet heart, dont count yourself out until its over ok!!!
    Babies are miracles!!! could you have miscalcuated your ovulation date????

Put it this way, my last period with my children was WAYYYY off my due date, i am talking a good week or so!! last period really doesnt mean much, its when you ovulated that does.

In regards to the heart beat, a low heart beat isnt "ideal" but it also doesnt signal impending miscarriage hun, my neice had a HB of about 100... both my children sat and sitting on 140 BPM.
    What was the babies heart beat?

When it comes to dating scans, the best time to have it done is 7-9 weeks. Any thing before that isnt as accurate as it can be... Scans are not accurate full stop! THey are always +/- a week and can even be up to a month out! it all depends on who is doing it and how good they are, even with the bestest of the bestest sonographer there is always a margin of error.

Sending all my love and hugs to you, and i hope you have the best possible outcome.
    I will watch this thread for updates from you

**cuddles**

Don't worry at all, the only reason i knew i was preg with DD#1 was i had sore boobs and i was tired. Absolutely no other symptoms. I was never sick and never had trouble going to the toilet or anything. She was such a lovely baby to be preg with. If your worried about your due date ask for a dating scan, i knew my last period date and they say i'm due on Nov 2 but i know i didnt ovulated on the 14th day and so all the u/s are showing the 7th of Nov.

Good luck

Like the girls said hun, "Don't worry", my BF has got 3 healthy babies and she didn't get morning sickness with all 3 till after the 12 week mark, so it's not always the 5-6 week thing..

But thinking of you, and hope ultrasound is good news and eases your worries.

hi Girls,

So I had my 1st u/s with my OB yesterday, and he found a heartbeat, but there were meant to be two =(. He dated my pregnancy to be at 7wks + 4days...I thought I was more, but I'm going for a more detailed u/s tomorrow morning. My OB says that it's probably better that I only have 1 baby, cos there's a higher risk of complications with twins. I still dont feel too bad apart from not wanting to eat (at all).

Sandy I really hope ur baby pulls through for you! fingers crossed!!

Thanks everyone for your support =)

Thats why I am glad I resisted getting a scan done earlier than 12 weeks. I can tell you it was hard and I assure you I picked up the phone a couple of times to book one in. But something inside me was just saying be patient and all will be fine. When the 12 week scan came I was feeling positive even though I didn't feel much different and then I saw the baby being active with a strong heart beat and I was instantly relieved! The early scans sometimes cause more worry than anything else. The baby is still so small and growing so its hard to use them as a security blanket. I feel I am in that same boat again though with another month till the next scan and although I am certainly not worried like I was in the first trimester I am looking forward to seeing bubs is healthy again!

Close your eyes and pray for God to give you strength cause we all must remember (especially me) this is his show and we can't take it from him.

sandy119120 Guest

Hi,
    I just went to the dr this am. and she talked to the OBGy and they said i need to be ready in case that happens (baby heart rate was around 80) which is quite low....i just want the baby to be ok!!!...and is true i cant do anything...becouse is not in my hands...
    But, the one thing im sure is my last period and becouse i do feel pain when i ovulate i also know the day of my ovulation...that why i only got pregnant when i want to.....i just dont want to make false hope becouse then that will be harder.....or i dont really know to be honest!
    meanwhile, i have to take a wek off work and rest also coz i can handle it....anyway as you all say i still have to wait and i expect the BEST outcome for my little one not for me! Althought i wish everything is ok and i get to keep him.... .
    Thank you very much to all !!!
    I really appreciate the support!!!
    SAndy.

I hope everything works out Sandy

sandy119120 Guest

Question An update!!!

Hi,
    No major changes...no pain no bleeding.....so looks baby is still there!!!
    thanks for all you prayes.......
    Cheers!!
    Sandy!

sandy119120 Guest

Unhappy bleending

Hi!
    Just want to share the last stage of my pregnancy!
    i started lossing a plug(brown discharge) yesterday (meaning inminente miscarrage)
    and bleeding this morning!
    ill be having a D&C tomorrow!!
    cya next time!!
    i wish all the best forall mums!!!
    Sandy!