thread: Aaaaaahhhhh Bleeding!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Follow Pandora On Twitter

    Jan 2005
    cowtown
    8,276

    I think a few of the other girls have had clots throught their pg, and gone on to have positive outcomes, so maybe one of them will post in here..

    Was all of the blood the dark brown colour, or was there bright red blood as well? As the dark is probably "old" blood and the red more fresh..

    I experienced bleeding in my pg at 6 weeks, and again at eight weeks, and sharp lower abdominal pain from weeks 4-10 with Milo. The cause was not determined other than it was 'non-baby' related.

    There are a few articles on the main BB site about bleeding in pregnancy, its not uncommon and occurs about 1 in 5 pregnancies.

    I have everything crossed that your scan will go well and there nothing wrong.

    Good Luck

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2006
    659

    Yes, I experienced exactly what you are describing, it went on for around 6 weeks on and off, started about 5.5 weeks.

    Mine was caused by a subchronic hematoma, a blood clot formed under the placenta. It was very scary, but it has now resolved and i have experienced only a little bleeding since.

    My doctor was very doom and gloom and sent me for an U/S to prove to me that I had miscarried as i wouldn't believe it. He told me clots coupled with the pain was a bad sign and that miscarriage was inevitable. I went to the U/S at 5w6d and they found a little heartbeat I had another scan 2 weeks ago and it was great news, baby was going great. I am now almost 14 weeks. I rested ALOT until 12 weeks, full pelvic rest, no lifting, didn't do anything that aggravated the bleeding. I won't lie, it was very distressing during that time, I hated going to the toilet, so afraid to see more blood. But we got there.

    So I am one sucess story. I hope yours is the same, but I just wanted to post to let you know it is possible to have these symptoms and still go on with a viable pregnancy.

    Prayers and thoughts to you, let us know how you go