Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: addicted to coke

have you though of investing in a soda stream maker? That way you get a nice cold fizzy drink,, can have the real stuff, not the diet,, but can control how much goes into it? Just a thought?
    I feel for you girls,, all summer long i have been craving fizzy drinks,, and have allowed myself one small glass with dinner,, as in the afternoons i feel so terribly dehydrated,, and water or cordial just doesnt seem to cut it IYKWIM? And i agree about the diet drinks,,, they do taste horrid lol.

I have had a serious coke addiction for most of my pregnancy! I managed to avoid it until about a month or two ago... But for me, it HAS to be icey icey cold with lots of bubbles and ice and in a glass that has come straight out of the freezer! I have found that having plain old fizzy water (soda water) can give me that same sense of satisfaction.... sometimes! My cravings are worse on really hot days and my consumption can vary. It might be one can a day or 4-6 a day! DH bought me two packs of 18 cans on Wed or Thurs last week and I have about 9 cans left BUT he has also been drinking them so it's not all me!!!!
    My Ob knows about my "habit" and hasn't said anything just found it amusing when I first became addicted because it was helping my indigestion!

MG

lol glad to hear theres another 4-6 can a day person out there

Hi noni- I've been a little bit worried about the coke thing too. I'm not a coke drinker usually though. I'm just finding that at the moment I can't get rid of this fowl taste in my mouth. I've tried orange juice, cordial, water, lemonade and i'm still left with it. Coke seems to be the only thing i can think of drinking - like MG it has to have HEAPS of ice in too. I think if I can limit it to a couple of cans a week I should be right ( I've cut out my 3 cups of tea a day so I think it will be ok)
    Hope you find something you can drink!

another can of coke a dayer here . ok sometimes a few....just try to cut down. personally i think the taste of diet softdrinks is awful, but worry alot about the chemical sweetners way more than sugar or caffeine.
    goodluck. i think lemonade is better than coke.

you girls are SO funny! i just read all the new replies and guess what i realised, im sitting here eating my lunch and washing it down with any icy cold can of coke and i went shopping this morning and bought COKE ZERO-DH REGULAR COKE- me CAFFEINE FREE DIET COKE- kids! HA!HA! there is so much worse for mum and bubs than coke out there, so i need to just learn moderation.........

i have a can right now too.... ...im limiting to 2 a day

I think everything in moderation but I would worry more about the sugar levels in the soft drinks more than anything. I very rarely drank soft drink until a few months ago and then all of a sudden I was craving soft drink and sweet cordial. Then at 30 weeks I went for my glucose test and I came back with a slightly higher level then reccomened. My Ob wasn't overly concerned as it was only slightly higher but he has told me to cut out as much sugar as I can and to halve my fruit intake. It has been hard but I am trying very hard. Maybe try diet as much as you may prefer the real thing.

Goodluck.

Linda

HA HA! Coke the soft drink is heaps better for you than what I originally thought this post was about

haha snacks!!!!! thats terrible lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    HA HA! Coke the soft drink is heaps better for you than what I originally thought this post was about
    you goose brought tears to my eyes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12