Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Anti-Depressants Withdrawals & Early Pregnancy

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, QLD
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Anti-Depressants Withdrawals & Early Pregnancy

    I feel like I'm going crazy, found out I was pregnant on Wednesday, had only recently changed anti-depresants, and decided that I could do without them (discussed with GP) due to being pregnant. Anyway I now have no idea what is pregnancy related and what's withdrawal symptoms.



    Just wondering if anyone else is going though this...

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!
    Posts
    6,772

    Default

    Sorry I can not help but just wanted to wish you all the best with your pregnancy xx

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    Hi I'm sorry I can't really make much comment as I have stayed on mine right throughout this pg and feel better for it. Like my ob says if baby could talk now they would be saying they just want a healthy happy mummy to grow inside x

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    I had the opposite problem of just starting ADs around the same time I fell pregnant. The only thing I can suggest is to wait it out. Hopefully the withdrawal symptoms will ease in a couple of weeks. All the best for your pregnancy.

  5. #5

    Default

    Having just lived through someone elses AD withdrawal, the complaints were about feeling dizzy/fuzzy/drunk/tired/snappy/irritable. There's not much crossover with pregnancy symptoms. Dizzy/snappy would be the most likely to cross over, but there's a difference between low blood pressure in early pregnancy that actually makes you black out, vs just feeling weird. Snappy/irritable is the same as PMS.

    Not fun to live with, and lasts a few weeks.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, QLD
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    I understand how different the symptoms are between the both but when everything is rolled into one it's just one big burr... headaches that are strong and direct, then blurry and unexplainable the next, short temper, very sensitive to light changes, runny nose, tickley throat, dry cough, nauseated, wide awake and motivated one minute, lack of energy and the need to sleep the next, extremely sore boobs (I know where that one comes from lol), emotional, tummy pains, sore back, dizziness when bending over and getting up. God the list goes on... the most funniest moment of the last few days was when I was talking to a friends little girl (4) and I said her name, she responded and I said "nothing" and I couldn't stop laughing... They thought I was strange...

  7. #7

    Default

    wow - sounds like some nasty things you are having to put up with. I too stayed on my AD's when pregnant, so I can't really help with that. However did you gradually reduce your dosage or did you just stop taking them? The symptoms are a lot less severe and cause less stress for your body if you stop taking them gradually. I hope you feel better soon.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loula View Post
    Hi I'm sorry I can't really make much comment as I have stayed on mine right throughout this pg and feel better for it. Like my ob says if baby could talk now they would be saying they just want a healthy happy mummy to grow inside x
    I was exactly the same, my ob said it was much better for me to stay on them.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, QLD
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryatha View Post
    wow - sounds like some nasty things you are having to put up with. I too stayed on my AD's when pregnant, so I can't really help with that. However did you gradually reduce your dosage or did you just stop taking them? The symptoms are a lot less severe and cause less stress for your body if you stop taking them gradually. I hope you feel better soon.
    The doctor said just to stop them and to be honest the last time I stopped (I was forgetting every other day anyway last time) I didn't get anything like this but I guess my body is just more sensitive right now.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_NZ View Post
    extremely sore boobs (I know where that one comes from lol), emotional, tummy pains, sore back, dizziness when bending over and getting up.
    Those ones are 'pregnant'

    And gradually cutting down the dose doesn't make it any better. I think its been about 3 weeks here and he's almost back to normal.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    On the packet of my anti d's it says NEVER stop taking them suddenly.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    With my awesome cherubs
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    ive only just started mine and have to change now as the ones im on arent recommended in pregnancy so i dont really have any answers just wishing you a happy pregnancy and hope everything falls into place

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Springfield, QLD
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmac View Post
    On the packet of my anti d's it says NEVER stop taking them suddenly.
    Mine say not to without discussing with doctor. I would never do it without advising those around me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •