Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of baby?

Unhappy Any chance of baby?

Hi all.

Ok, i did a test last week and found out i was pregnant. So i went to see the doctor and he confirmed the pregnancy with a urine test. Because im still bf my 10month old and have only had one period he also sent me for a dating scan.

So today i went for the scan and the sonograpgher tells me there is a fetal sack with no apparent signs of a baby. There is aslo a small bleed around the sack and the sack is down a bit lower than normal. The fetal sack is measuring around 6weeks and is of normal shape.

She explained to me the posibility it could be too early for the baby to been seen or it could be a blighted ovum pregnancy.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if anyone has any profesional advice?

Thanks heaps

Simone
    Last edited by shorty; February 13th, 2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: sorry phantom means tests are neg, mine were positive

Hi Simone
    I'm sorry i can't offer much support or advice, but i have heard of it happening before.
    My dearest friend's mum has/had PCOS and after their first child were trying to conceive through all known medical methods for 12 years before they gave up - she encountered several 'phantom pregnancies' in this time. Sarah was conceived about twelve months after they gave up - and they were so surprised that their doctor/obstetrician at the time blatantly refused to do a scan until she was suspected to be 18wks, because they assumed it would be another phantom pg.
    So, no, it's not entirely unheard of although it does sound strange.
    Sending you many hugs in this time and i hope you get the information you're looking for soon.

Thank you Ashlea for your kind words, they are much appeciated.

Just bumping this up to see if someone other than me and Ashlea can give Simone some advice

TIA

I have heard of both scenarios happening, both positive and negative in this situation :-(

I really hope it's just a matter of being patient and waiting another week or so to see if they can see anything else. Hugs to you!

Oh Simone... I hope that it is all good for you hun!! I have no advice but wanted to give you a from me and Oskar. Let me know how you go

i am a positive story

i had a dating scan, only a gestational sac could be seen, went back 2 weeks later, there was a heart beat and a little squiggle

Not sure about what the bleed could be. I do have a few haematomas in my uterus, maybe its that?

Thanks girls I went back to the doctors yesterday and she did a blood test to check my hcg levels. I have to go back on wednesday so hopefully they will have risen high.

Im not to sure about this, but does that mean the levels would have to have quadrippled? Ive read a few posts saying that the levels almost double in a day or two.

Oh and hi Cass, Oskar is such a cutie Hope your doing well.

the further on you are the longer they take to double... sometimes up to 72 hrs. makes it quite hard to figure out sometimes... Let hope yours a looking up!

ETA - Are they checking your progerterone levels too? How are they looking? Cause I had some bleeing early on, and it was due to low prog levels....
    Last edited by rufalina; February 15th, 2008 at 11:37 AM.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. About 2 years ago I fell pg and I started to spot bleed brown stuff for 1 day (not enough to wear a pad) at about 8 weeks . So we went to the hospital I had an ultrasound but they could not see anything. So went back to normal GP and went for blood tests. Blood tests came back good, to make sure I will getting blood taken every 2 days and my hcg levels kept rising. Anyway to cut a long story short my hcg levels kept rising (right up to 13 weeks) but the ultrasound they still could not find anything. By 13 weeks I told myself if there is a baby there we would have seen it by now. I had what the Doctors call a Blighted Ovum. But what the hardest part was it when to Dr called and said my hcg levels are rising good so there is a chance everything is okay, this went on for 5 weeks. So I booked myself in for a D & C 2 days later.

Also on a happier note for you shorty The fetal sack for a blighted ovum is not a normal shape. So for it to be a normal shape that is already good news.

Take care

Hi Simone, we're doing really well thanks hun. Logan is growing up so much, love his hair!

Hope it goes well with the next blood test!! Keep me posted ...I have to live my cluckiness through someone...lol

Ruf- Im not too sure what she is checking, she just took the blood and said i have to come back on wednesday for another. What is progestorone? Is there ways i can 'up' it? Im going to get some Blackmores Pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins today, maybe they will help?

dhsla- thanks for that, gives me a bit of hope

Cass- lol, will do. Boy am i going to be busy

You sure will be busy... I'm actually thinking about it atm too, so maybe we will be busy together..lol.

lol, this one wasnt planned. But im getting used to the idea, just hope the lil' one sticks(fingers crossed).

Hi Simone,

I have also heard and read of both scenarios. Some have seen a baby 2 weeks later and sadly others didn't (my friend being one of them).

Wishing you the best of Luck!

Thanks Nadine

i hope this can help... i went for my dating scan last friday as i thought i would have been around 6-7 weeks going by my bloods but they could only spot a gestational sac, a yolk sac and a fetal pole but it was too early to detect a heart beat. they also said that the fetal pole is like 2mm so is not unusual to not be able to get a heat beat just yet. so im not worried. i have been through nothing but worries and heartache through my last pregnancy that im going to stay positive this time. i know that my bub is in there safe and sound. whilst it's great to be so informed, i think we sometimes know too much. just think back in the days when mothers had no idea what really was going on, they just turned up to their appointments, and really only knew that they were pregnant and thats it!! i wish i sometimes did not know so much about pregnancies and all the risks that are involved but then again its great to know what to avoid during pregancy... ahh i dont know but i think if u stay positive and just relax a bit.. its amazing what the mind can do for the body and hopefully for ur baby. Please stay cool and don't read too much into things until u have to (if u have to!) Enjoy this beautiful gift u have been given x x x
    Best of luck and just believe things will be ok.
    Last edited by mumisabella; February 18th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.

Mumisabella- I know exaxctly what you mean. If i was sure on my dates i wouldnt have went for the scan, i didnt have a scan with Logan until 19weeks.

Got my bloods done again today. So i get the results tomorrow, hopefully they will have risen(fingers crossed).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast