Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Tips.... I am really desperate...

Default Any Tips.... I am really desperate...

My Morning Sickness starts when I wake at 5am to pee, I then have a drink & go back to bed, I can barely sleep, then when I wake at 6am for the day, I quickly put on the kettle, pee again & make a bowl of cereal... NOTHING seems to make this queasy, ill, sickness feeling go away! It lasts until I go back to bed at night!!!! I feel like crying all day, I am SO over it..... HELP ME PLEASE!???????? :feelsick: :msick:

Tracey,

Sorry to hear you are so sick. I have heard of people using a seaband so maybe that's worth a go.
    I am 6w2d into the pregnancy and I too have days when I feel horrible all day, it's the pits. Lets hope once we hit the magical 12w mark the sickness will stop.
    Let me know how you get on. Thinking of you. Take care Leah

Tracey

I found that a little bit of yoghurt helped me, I also went through the stage of having jelly either on it`s own or with some yoghurt.

Probably not much help to you.

Take Care and hope the m/s goes soon.

Deeanne

Hi Tracey,

I had nausea about a dozen times in first tri and sucking on a chupa chup fixed it everytime. I'm not sure if it is the sucking or the sugar but it worked for me.

I think a dry biscuit eaten in bed before moving is supposed to help.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Gemma.

Weegie Guest

I had been pretty sick too, and am just starting to feel better (though still not 100%). I found what helped me a little bit was to not have too much liquid in the morning, it seemed like it just sloshed around and made me feel worse. I stopped having cereal and started eating toast, and I stopped drinking juice with breakfast. It didn't get rid of the nausea but it made it a bit more bearable.

Tracey - I found eating small quantities all the time, and getting as much fresh air as possible. Ginger tea, ginger biscuits are good, Otherwise try nibbling on dry crackers throughout the day and just eating small amounts. Best of luck O

Scarlett Guest

A lot of people have mentioned the preggie pops you could buy from the bellybelly website. I'm not sure if you still can?? but everyone who tried them seemed to find them helpful. Hope something works for you though as it is not a fun experience.

Hey Tracey,

Sorry to hear you're feeling so crappy. I had the same kind of thing in first tri - I was throwing up every morning and felt sick all day long.

A few things helped me:

* having some plain salted crackers by my bed, and eating one or two before getting up in the morning.
    * have another packet of the same crackers on hand at work all day - eat one or two every half hour or so.
    * drinking ginger beer/ginger ale
    * drinking lots of water
    * sitting down for at least 20mins after eating anything before moving (otherwise it'd want to come straight back up)
    * I took blackmores morning sickness tablets for a little while - I'm not sure if they helped on their own, but seemed to work in combination with everything else.
    * chupa chups!
    * plain lemonade water ice blocks
    * toast with vegemite instead of cereal for brekky.

I hope you're feeling better soon! Bring on 2nd tri!

Juliette

tracey, i found grapes and anything citrus like mandarines or oranges really helped.

just have a huge stash to pick at during the day, try not to go for big meals ets, but the regular small meals really does help.

also when it got really bad, a chocolate milk would help me feel better, i bought the fat free ones so i didnt end up like the side of a house.

it does get better sweetie, i had it bad and i am fighting fit now!

We had biscuits in my bed side table & I would snack on them before getting up to pee too.... My really good friend said ginger nut biscuits were fantastic for her m/s to have by the bedside, but I'm allergic to nuts so I used plain ol vitaweets, thats all I felt like eating anyway... & I would take a ginger tablet before I got out of bed as well...

The only thing that I found cured the m/s entirely was poweraide... but I tried not to do that too much

Debbie Lee Guest

Tracey - I SO hear you! I felt the same way from about 7 weeks through to 17 weeks. Just ICK!
    I found that in the first trimester, the m/s lasted most of the day. I was queasy all the time and I felt like death warmed-up. I was taking Blackmores Morning Sickness formula which seemed to help. Vegemite toast also helped (I guess because of the vitamin B) and I ate a lot of fruit because it was all I could stomach.
    My m/s changed gradually. It got to the stage where I would puke every single morning between 30 minutes and 2 hours of getting out of bed. I found that the best thing for me was to get up, have a big glass of fruit juice then wait for it to come up. The fruit juice I found didn't taste too bad on the way back up (unlike solid food and water). If I didn't have the juice, I would puke anyway and that was worse with an empty stomach. I didn't mind this type of m/s though because as soon as I was sick, I felt ok for the rest of the day (just tired in the evenings).
    After about 17 weeks, it started to subside and I have only been sick a couple of times since. I do get ocassional boughts of nausea but that's usually because I am hungry or need a rest.
    I'm not sure if I have been much help. Just wanted to let you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I felt like I was never going to feel good again. I was SOOO sick of the nausea. Trust me, it does go away. Everyone is different so yours may not even last as long as mine. You just need to do what you can to get through it (it's bloody hard!).
    :hugs: to you!

Thanks Ladies...
    I just find it so hard to think, or look at any food when tjhe wave of nausea grows, I should probably eat before it get's that bad! But hey... I feel ill & the last thing I want to be thinking of is food!
    I hate Ginger, but will try anything & have heard it helps...

I will talk to OB when I see him at 5pm!!!

I have been picking all day at salty Dutch licorice!!!???
    But will get me some Chupa Chups, after all we make them!!!!

LOL... So an answer was in your backyard the whole time.

I was going to buy Preggie Pops then DH looked at the ingredients and compared with Chupa Chups. Hope they work for you.

I hate ginger too but with the virus I had a few weeks ago I couldn't stop coughing. DH found a remedy of putting a slice of raw ginger at the back of the tounge. Yuk but is stopped the coughing.

Good luck at the OB.

Gemma.

My morning sickness lasted about 9 weeks. Although i didntknow find out i was pregnant til i was 11.5 weeks, so for 6.5 weeks i didnt know whqat i had, so was suffering all day. ](*,) With my morning sickness I had ginger biscuits which helped. Also eating something light, say vegemite or just butter on toast in bed and lay down for 30mins, so maybe get DH to get you breakfast.

People who have never been pregnant never seem to understand quite how nasty morning sickness is. Most people seem to assume its just like feeling a little off, when its so different!!!
    My morning sickess started at about 6 weeks when my sisters bf at the time opened a pizza box infront of me. That started it and I was sick most days, the last time being about three hours before i had her.
    I tried the food thing in the morning but i just couldnt stomach anything. I also hated anything sweet which isnt like me at all. I'd eat those 'corn thins' round biscuit things before getting out of bed but nothing at all helped my except to stay in bed and go back to sleep. If only you could just lie in bed every day!!!
    Sorry I cant offer any advice, but i feel so sorry for you!!!! Morning sickness is horrible!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Arrrggggghhhhhh!!!!I'm in the same boat Tracey!I feel sick all day long.Thinking of food makes me sick and certain smells make me sick......when I eat I don't feel sick for like 15 minutes then I feel quesy again.I can't eat much at all, am full really quickly and repulsed by alot of different foods.I have cravings for different things then as soon as I take 3 bites I'm over it and repulsed by it!I'm soooooo over been sick all the time!!I really don't think I can take much more of it.Sleeping helps but I can't sleep all day as I have to work.On the up side I haven't vomited yet 8-[ . I can also eat as much fruit as I want though but I haven't found anything that helps with the quesyness!Someone told me chewing gum helps, but I tryed it and it didn't!And I'm off anything sweet so sucking on a lolly doesn't help either.Lets hope we don't have much more of this............................

Kirsty, just out of interest, are you planning on finding out the sex of your baby?

Tracey,

Sorry to hear you've got dreadful morning sickness, but I'm thrilled to hear you're pg again.

I can only go by hearsay because I didn't get morning sickness with either my DD or #2, although with #2 I was very (TMI?) mucos-y and threw that up several times a week. I also found it easier to have a glass of juice, throw up and then have breakfast.

Friends have done the cracker by the bed, crackers in the handbag thing. Also a friend swore by sucking Tic Tacs most of the day.

I hope that you find a solution that works for you.

Cheers,

Rachel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast