Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Nausea...

Google preggie pops - they are great

What are HJ's and Maccas ? I just moved to Australia.

I have thought about the cheeseburger but when ever I'm in a car I get nauseated so I dont' feel like eatting. I will have to get my dh to go out and buy some.

Last night I had mashed potatoes with sour cream. Another time I had sweet potato (yams) mashed. Good cause they don't have a strong smell.

Anyone taking any prescription medication ?

Jodie259 Guest

Hungry Jacks - or "burger king" in some states
    Maccas - McDonalds...

I'm taking Maxolon... and it's not doing much for me this time.

With my first pregnancy I took it and it stopped the vomitting, but not the actual nausea.

I've tried the preggo drops which are part of the preggo pop family and they didn't work. I do have the preggo pops in the cupboard but I'm keeping them for a long 12 hour plane flight I have.

Heather

shelldar Guest

The secret weapon........

A tall glass of hot water with a glug of 'real' maple syrup stirred into it. Drink like you would a morning coffee, it should take care of the nausea for the day. Do it every day, its an Ayervatic remedy that seems to work.

Put pressure with back of fingernail where septum of nose becomes the upper lip - its an accupressure point for vomiting.

Hope that helps

CArbs carbs and more carbs. I had to have lots of bread rolls (curried egg made me feel better) and hamburgers,pizza, tomato and avo on ryvita (or cheese and vegemite, that was a good one). I had ms for the first 16 weeks and it sounded similar to yours Tamara. xo

*TamaraP* Guest

Unfortunately, everything you girls have suggested, I have tried and failed. Even the preggy pops now make me run to the loo (well they did the other day).

I had an energy drink today at work and that seemed to combat some m.s I have a funny feeling I am lacking in sodium or something like that.

Jodie259 Guest

I can relate so much. Each time there is a new suggestion, I run to the supermarket. But no luck here. I think we just have to ride it out Tamara!

And it's a catch 22 because I'm too scared to eat anything because I know I'll throw it up... and then I get really lethargic and can't get out of bed!

Yesterday afternoon I was starving, and I woofed down some frozen ravioli (really cheap one from the supermarket)... and it was sooo nice, I had a 2nd one! Tonight I thought... maybe pasta is the go... so I had spagetti. Nup.. feel like crap now!

Hang in there Tamara. I should pass. I had it 16 weeks with my first pregnancy. But it is common to finish after the first trimester. Hope it passes for you soon Tamara.

With my first child I suffered from morning sickness 24/7 from 5 weeks till the day I delivered. I was white as a ghost in the end as I never really left the house knowing I would throw up everywhere, worst of all my bladder would go most times, very embarrassing!!!! Now I'm pregnant with my second and I'm about 9/10 weeks and have morning sickness 24/7 again. This scares me as I don't know how I'm going to handle GP check-ups and first ultra sound visit if it doesn't ease. I found it very hard with my first baby holding all that water and traveling etc with bad morning sickness.

With my first I use to eat a lot of crushed ice and drink lots of cold fluids, I found it really helped. This time round I am doing the same and also find sucking on barley sugars, especially when I'm dropping and picking up my daughter from school helps

Right now I basically don't eat anything all day until the evening. Often by the evening my stomach and body is so sore from reching I dont' want to eat even if I think I might be able to keep a small amount down. I do find that I drink mainly Gatorade throughout the day and now I'm watering it down a bit with water. I rech with plain water. I rech with the Gatorade too but at least it is pretty, doesn't smell to bad and some of it stays down. I am getting tired of the flavours though.

Heather

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12