Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Nausea...

*TamaraP* Guest

Default Bad Nausea...

Some of you may have been reading in my posts or journal that I have been getting really bad constant 24/7 nausea.
    It has now got to the point that I can't eat because everything tastes like rubber or cardboard.
    I try and sleep but my stomach is churning below me. I just feel helpless. I feel like crying...

How many times did I want these symptoms, but I didn't want them this damn bad...

So girls I am putting out the signal...

What did you do to curve your nausea (not yet puking sorry TMI). Some beautiful girls have already suggested things, but I need some more. I am willing to try anything.
    So far I have tried.

Ginger Tablets - work for about half and hour.

Acupuncture can help if you are willing. They can also teach you the points to press when you are at home. Also, small amounts of dry food regularly; sometimes soda water helps.

Alternatively, drugs are great There are a few options so you don't have to suffer so if the nausea gets too bad see your GP. I empathise - it feels like a hangover that you didn't earn and it won't go away (and I was lucky to only have a small dose). Big

Fizzy drinks help... and whoever the brilliant person was who told me Fruit tingles!!! life savers!!!!!
    Dry biccies first thing in the morn, and dont let ur tum get empty!! Try not to be around certain foods that are cooking... the smells really triggered mine!
    Milk is not something that aot of people would suggest, but having milk in my stomach was a real winner Got rid of any heartburn too!

I am still sick at 29w!! It doesnt worry me anymore, I am so used to it!!

Good luck and I hope it clears for you soon. I hope you aren't like me with entire pregnancy sickness.

Nicky

I remember fruit tingles being good...lol. What I used and were FANTASTIC... was seabands. They are available from most chemists, look a bit like tennis wrist bands. They have a magnet in them which goes on an acupressure point and are wonderful!! If you do use them, where the magnet goes can hurt for a couple of days until you're used to them, other than that I loved them and didn't stop using them until one day I forgot to put them back on after a shower and realised that I didn't feel sick anymore...lol.

ginger tablets, ginger ale, ginger biscuits.
    Green apples, milk arrowroots.
    oh and greasy food like KFC chips and things like that lol! greasy foods were good for my m/s.

Sniffing spearmint essential oil really helped me. Just make sure you steer clear of peppermint essential oil, as it's not safe during pregnancy.

I used to vomit nearly every morning from about 8wks - 19wks, and having a greasy, heavy breakfast used to help too, e.g. a baon and egg muffin.

*TamaraP* Guest

Thanks girls - keep them coming though.

I had a couple of vegemite sandwiches with wholemeal bread. Seemed to work for about the last hour or so, but starting up again with the nausea.

I am another fan of the sea bands, felt a bit better after I put them on and was too scared to take them off again for weeks.

I found fruity ice blocks good, those frozen ice tube things that come in a 40 pack that you freeze at home are cheap.

I never got out of bed before having something to eat - DH would make me toast or milo just to get something in my tummy before I started moving around.

I also found it worse if I didn't get enough sleep.

I hope it gets better for you, I know it is for a good cause but it is something I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Jodie259 Guest

Tamara.... I'm joining this thread with you as I'm suffering 24/7 nausea as well. I usually have a decent chuck once a day... but feel like I want to for the other 23 hours!

I was the same with my first baby - until the 16th week.

Here are things I have tried - and some suggestions.

- ginger (anything) : personally the smell/taste of ginger makes me puke, so this is not good for me
    - sea bands : help slightly, but not much for me
    - Maxolon medication : didn't stop the nausea, but stopped the actual vomitting for me. Hasn't been as affective this time though.
    - Salt & Vinegar chips : helped - but I piled on heaps of weight...
    - Icy poles : I buy those cheap stick type icypoles, and that helps...
    - drink soda water with a straw! : strange one. One day it helped. next day I puked up soda water!
    - blackmores m/s tablets : did nothing for me (and I could taste the ginger eeeewww)
    - 2 glasses of milk before I go to bed : this seemed to really help one night, as I woke up feeling fantastic... but tried it the next night & it didn't do much.
    - I've had breathing & sleeping difficulties as well - so I rolled up a spare doona and slept with my feet raised up. Same night as the 2 glasses of milk. Worked one night. But it does help with my breathing, so I sleep like this now.
    - eating a cracker biscuit before you actually get out of bed in the morning : didn't do anything for me.
    - I kept a bottle of water beside my bed now, and as I'm barely sleeping, I drink lots during the night. I go to the loo, but it seems to be helping the m/s a little bit.

- I ate some vitaweats with vegemite today, and that was yummy. I also feel much better when I eat "junk" food... (maccas & HJ). That's really bad, as I will pile on weight again... but it's the only thing that doesn't make me want to puke. Hubby made me a frankfurt in a bread roll, and I puked it up - and it was virtually intact!! (sorry TMI)

What To Expect book says:
    * Stress & Fatigue increases the chances of M/S. (I sleep for hours every day - so I don't think fatigue is my problem).
    * Eat a diet high in proteing & complex carbs.
    * drink plenty of fluids
    * doctor may recommend 50mg of B6
    * eat early & often

I hope some of these suggestions help.
    I like the idea of fruit tingles... will be getting some of those tomorrow.
    I'm also thinking about hypotherapy or maybe accupuncture ?? I'm 9 weeks now, and I can't bare the thought of another 7 weeks of this (like before) or longer (god forbid).

The only thing that keeps me going is that there is something growing inside my stomach, which is a good sign. Apparantly "older" mums usually have worse m/s... and I'm in that category

mooshie Guest

i used to get this tam from around 6wks to 14wks, i never did vomit but i really think if i did it would of helped (but i do have a vomit phobia pmsl) anyway i always had a stash of peppermint lollies, gingernut cookies and salada biscuits. first thing in the morning i would have a cup of ginger tea. i also lived on dare i say it sausage rolls, mcdonalds cheesburgers and toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches.

i found with me that i would be extremely nauseas if i didn't eat and feeling that way food was the last thought on my mind, however once i did have the first initial nibble the nausea would go away. i did find i had to have something in my mouth almost constantly.

oh i also did some really big deep yoga breathes outside in the fresh air when it got really bad.

hope you feel better soon

I lived on tic-tacs (anything minty is great for nausea), and either lime cordial, or lemon cordial...

I would go through like 2 packets of tic taks a day, just suck on them whenever i've needed them.. Did the same thing with mint lollies last time

And i also have icy poles, the cheap stick kinds, as i find the sugar and the coolness make it better

At the end of last pregnancy when my nausea came back i had a lot of slurpees for the same reason...

Hope you find something that helps

Jodie259 Guest

ooh yeah, I forgot to mention mints. (and I've forgotten to eat them this time).

And Yael... you just reminded me of slurpees. I just thought that was my food craving last year. Being pregnant during summer, and I needed 2-3 slurpees every day. The local 7/11 loved me!

lemon cordial sounds like a good idea too. Might try that as well.

My m/s sounds almost the same as Jodie's. I have alot of saliva/mucus which I am spitting up constantly even have towels handy. Often I get so much in my stomach it makes me vomit. I try something and it works one time and not another. I eat very very little mostly drinking. I'm expecting twins and I guess m/s is common. It is hard since I feel like I'm living on very little food and I think it affects my energy level on top of being tired from being pregnant.

V-8 juice (sometimes), Gatorade, peppermint tea, coke cola, sucking on lemons or smelling lemon essential oils.

When I can eat I often try... canned ravioli, frozen lasagna, frozen shepherd's pie, (to get some iron red meat in my diet) kraft mac & cheese, roasted sweet potato, cream cheese on toast

If anyone has anymore ideas I'd love it -- especially you Jodie sinc you sound just like me.

Heather

Jodie259 Guest

I'm going to phone an accupuncturist tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment ASAP. I am just 'over' this!

If/when I get an appointment - I'll let you all know how it went...
    I was thinking about hypnotherapy as well... but I think that accupuncture may have more success with balancing my hormones at the moment... Hypno is more 'mind over matter' stuff... and I think my problem is more hormones.

Just hope I can get an appointment on Monday or Tuesday

hi there

ms is the worst isnt it? especially when its 24/7. i have had it 24/7 with vomiting in all three pregnancies from about 6 weeks to 17-19weeks.

this time im finding the following helps for me:

veg toast (white bread only) first thing in the am. try to have this first thing before you do anything else otherwise i find i get sick.

green apples - very crunchy, crisp

cold, clear apple juice - i find this is good for taking tablets and when my blood sugar gets low.

i know its hard to force yourself to eat but dont let your tummy get empty as this makes it really bad.

sleep, whenever possible. i feel like i live in bed at the moment. when i am in bed i cram a small pillow into my stomach where i feel sick - the pressure seems to make me feel better.

im only eating what my body tells me to and not even thinking about all the other foods out there.

best wishes, i know how hard it is.

Angry

Today was better --- two glasses of milk, glass of milo, one banana, and a yogurt. Want to know how I did it ? I stayed in bed all day. Yup it is almost 6 pm and besides putting out laundry on the line and getting the food downstairs I've been lying in bed on my computer (internet). No can't do this everyday. I'd drink something lie down. Sad.

For those times I can eat (usually a small kids size meal in the evening) ....

cream cheese on toast, canned ravioli (for iron in meat), canned chili, mac & cheese kraft smells less, oatmeal, I did buy powdered baby "cereal" to mix with milk-- fine, rice pudding, yogurt, tea, peppermint tea, V-8 juice, suck on lemons or smell lemon essential oils, cranberry juice with extra squeeze of lemon to make it more sour, coke cola, fetachini alfredo (spelling sorry), pickles yes anything with vinegar like those pickled vegetables, gatorade (not too bad if you have to puke it up but I'm getting tired of all the flavours), frozen shepherds pie.

I'm just wondering if having a high sugar content food first thing in the morning spikes my blood sugar causing nausea. For this the milk was better than say the gatorade or apple juice. I wonder too if having milk during the night helps to maintain my levels for the morning.

I'm expecting twins so having m/s is more common but not anymore enjoyable. It makes two babies I worry are not getting enough nutrients. I hate that the "food" I can eat is crap like processed and canned -- I NEVER eat that stuff any other time and dont' want it for them but I know I have to eat something.
    I find everyday I try something different and everyday I turned off something else.

What didn't work for me : the sea bands, preggo drops, gingerale, crackers, morning sickness tablets (ginger) the pharmacist said that when you take the ginger tablets you need to take them every 6 hours to keep a continuous amount in your system. Worked one day for me then like Jodie couldn't stand the taste !!!

Jodie tell me how it turns out. \

Heather

Nothing works for me either ... something works one day, then the next i cant stand the sight of it. I have been feeling sick since week 6 and vomiting since week 8, but things seem to be easing (a little) in the last few days.

Tried ginger tablets, mints, sour lollies, apple juice, sea sickness bands, eating 24/7 (everyone thinks its funny that i carry around a bag of food with me where ever i go!!), gingernut biscuits, PRAMIN, extra sleep, walking, fresh air (including blasting myself in the face with the air conditioner!!), dry biscuits (i try to eat these in the morning, but they are sooo dry and as soon as i take a sip of water to moisten - up it comes!!), icy poles, apples, EATINg lemons, lemon and ginger drinks, cordial ... you name it - i've tried it.

One secret i will share is that i ate a cheeseburger from Hungry Jack's today and boy did i feel better after hehe

Jodie259 Guest

I live on HJ's and Maccas.... it is the only thing that doesn't come back up!!!

Today I went to the supermarket and stocked up on Salt & Vinegar chips, fruit loops, soda water and lemon mineral water.

I phone two accupuncturists yesterday... They both said I would have to take chinese herbs as well - and I really don't want to rely on taking more stuff. One mentioned ginger and the thought of ginger makes me chuck. So no accupuncture for me! I'm just going to have to ride this out. I'm 11 weeks now.... I pray that it finishes at 12 weeks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast