Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baths

Default Baths

Hi Ladies

Wondering if any of you know whether you can have a bath while pregnant, DH is pretty sure you can`t have a spa but not sure about a bath.

Thank you ladies

Deeanne

Hi Deeanne
    I think baths are fine as long athey are not too hot. A hot bath can give you a temperature wich can cause birth defect etc. I've read that if you are in the bath and start to feel a bit yuck, get out and cool down.
    HTH
    Tanya

Thank you Colleen and Tanya.

I don`t have too many baths but if I feel the urge I know I can have one without worrying.

Deeanne

Ooooh good to know girls I too thought that it wasn't recommended early on, so glad to hear it's ok as long as it's not too hot.

I had my first one today since I got preggo and it felt so good. I was also told as long as its not too hot its fine as the cervix mucus plug protects bubby.

if you have to inch your way into the bath or if it leaves your skin red the bath is too hot.

Love :smt049

I've had plenty of baths in my p/g so far. I love them! (especially when it's cold outside)

The funny thing is that I used to like my baths really hot but when Monkey now gets in after me, as he does sometimes, he says the water is really tepid! I think it has to do with our little stove we have upfront that make us feel a lot warmer. I don't like hot showers anymore either. Our shower has a temperature gauge and a stopper at 38deg and I used to always shower at exactly 38 deg but now I find myself turning it down to 35deg. It's so weird! I hope that will mean I won't find the Berlin winter too harsh!

i was about to have a hot bath the other day, when i remembered that i was told with josh you werent supposed to have hot baths, so when i found myself inching my way in i thought id better not get in the full way and went and had a shower instead and left anthony to have his hot bath

Lesley

pandora315 Guest

In my pregnancy book it says the "hot bath" issue with birth defects is that anything that can increase your body temperature by more than 2 degrees is a no go. Thats why spas and saunas are out. As for advice on a hot bath- sometimes a hot bath can be good for relaxing or to ease muscles but it recommends only staying in the bath for about 10 minutes. As far as other water restrictions it says no to water skiing, scuba diving, and diving as they can force water into yur cervix.

Wow!

I spent hours in the bath on the few occasions I had while pregnant.
    I read that you shouldn't raise or lower your core temp because baby had no way of cooling down/heating up by themselves.

I heard that spas were bad because of bacteria? But I laboured in the bath, and was in there almost 4 hours!

Sounds great Silver, the hospital I had Em in didn't have a bath.... The only down side, that I could see.
    Tanya

Susan gave birth at home Tanya in case you didn't know.

Love :hbeat:

Oh ok, I wanted to do that with Em, but I was told there are no midwives around here. I might do a bit more research this time, I would loooove a home birth!

She had no midwife either. Just her partner and 000 on the end of the phone lol

Don't mind us Susan we are just talking about you LMAO

ooooh.... So I guess she didn't plan to have it at home!! Is there a link to where she may have posted her labour story? Maybe I'll go have a look.

Yep it is under birth stories on the forum somewhere

I found it... What a great story, had me lol at some of it (sorry if I wasn't spose to Susan!).

Tanya

Ok so if hot baths are out what about hot showers? Coz i don't have a temp gauge on my shower but i can't stand it when it's only warm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast