Thread: belly ring

Default belly ring

hi to all,

not sure if this is the right forum to be asking this question in or not, but i have a belly ring (am currently 10 wks) that i would like to get removed. I know that it doesnt cause any harm (or at least ive heard) but i would feel more comfortable if i removed it.

Does anyone know where i would go to get it removed? gp? tattoo place originally got it at? at home?

if anyone has had or know of anyone that has had one removed - please let me know how!!!

Thank you!!

Removed? I am not sure, with my belly button ring, I just took it out myself. I didn't take it out till I was about 25 weeks, then put it straight back in after I had my DS

If it's a ring, and not a barbell, you can do it yourself but will need some pliers to pull the ring apart so the little ball pops out
    If it's a barbell it will be easy to do yourself!

I have a belly bar. I kept it in throughout my last pregnancy and im keeping it through this one too. But im sure you can just take it out yourself. My bar has a ball on each end, they both unscrew. Just twist until loose.

hmmm...i dont know the difference between the two, i think its a barbell..

it looks like a bar...it has a big stud up the top and a little ball at the bottom.

will give it a go at home...fingers crossed it all goes well..lol

thanks ladies and all the best

Yep, just unscrew the top and pull it out, easy!

I have been thinking about my belly ring. I don't want to take it out!! What will happen if I leave it in?

You should be able to easily unscrew the barbell and take it out, if you aren't confident about this then yep just go to either where you had it done or any body piercing place.

I ended up having to get mine taken out (mine was the ring) as it got too uncomfortable unfortunately and was getting very red and irritated. I still haven't tried to put it back in..lol.

SaraJane - Hopefully nothing will happen if you leave it in.

I have left mine in but have replaced it with a maternity bar (made of very long bendy plastic) and at the moment so far the worst that has happened is me knocking it as the edge of my desk is right where the piercing is - it can get a little red and sore at times but nothing bad and never infected. My belly button is still an 'innie' which i think helps because the skin isnt being pulled tighter then it needs to be.

My midwives tend to think that I'll be taking it out soon because 'the skin gets so stretched and tight' that I wont be able to keep it in but we will see.

A friend of mine did put alot of weight on after 30 weeks and her bb ring did get quite red and sore and she took it out. Unfortunately for her when she took it out sh scarred quite nastily and because of the all stretching that was done to her piercing it looks pretty yucky and has yet to reduce down to a 'normal' size scar that you would see from any naval piercing.

I'll take that risk though.

First timer - how did you go getting it out??

Hey there, I was 12 weeks pregnant when i took mine out. Just unscrewed it and slipped it out at home. Never got it redone after i had baby 1. But the hole does stretch a little so be prepared it don't look so pretty. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssas_Mum View Post
    Hey there, I was 12 weeks pregnant when i took mine out. Just unscrewed it and slipped it out at home. Never got it redone after i had baby 1. But the hole does stretch a little so be prepared it don't look so pretty. lol
    Thanks!! I will give it a go myself havent had the nerve to do it yet but i want it out!! hopefully it wont stretch so much then...doubt it!!

youre from the south east?? which hospital have you chosen if you dont mind me asking, im going to the box hill.

all the best!!

I'm tossing up between Casey in Berwick on Frankston. I had my first at Frankston but its a 25 minute drive where as Casey is only 10 minutes away. (gotta drop my daughter at my sisters too on the way which is gonna take longer) but i've heard that alot of people who go to Casey get Golden Staf
    I'm struggling with it atm.... also if there is an emergency Casey may transfer me to Dandenong and i aint ever setting foot in that hole (no offence to anyone who goes there. lol)

My friend had an emergency C-section at Box Hill, i remember getting lost on the way there. lmao
    How far along are you????

I'm tossing up between Casey in Berwick on Frankston. I had my first at Frankston but its a 25 minute drive where as Casey is only 10 minutes away. (gotta drop my daughter at my sisters too on the way which is gonna take longer) but i've heard that alot of people who go to Casey get Golden Staf
    I'm struggling with it atm.... also if there is an emergency Casey may transfer me to Dandenong and i aint ever setting foot in that hole (no offence to anyone who goes there. lol)

My friend had an emergency C-section at Box Hill, i remember getting lost on the way there. lmao
    How far along are you????
    oh i am only 10 wks, have a long way to go yet!!

I'm only 8.5 weeks atm
    Hope you don't mind me asking but are you having the 12 weeks scan to check for down syndrome?
    My doc asked me last week but my partner and i aren't sure if we are gonna go ahead with it.
    Many people i've talked to say they never had it and i never had it with my daughter....

I'm only 8.5 weeks atm
    Hope you don't mind me asking but are you having the 12 weeks scan to check for down syndrome?
    My doc asked me last week but my partner and i aren't sure if we are gonna go ahead with it.
    Many people i've talked to say they never had it and i never had it with my daughter....
    dont mind you aksing . to be honest with you my husband and i have not talked about it in detail. i dont know that it would make a difference to be honest with you because we would never terminate regardless. i only know of my sis in law who had it done but that was years go, my doc didnt think it was necessary. so i think it is up to the individual.

best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy to if we dont speak again

Would be good to keep in contact......
    I've decided not to have the scan, i too couldnt terminate however my partner feels a little differently but he's fine with me not having it too.