Thread: bleeding

kriminal Guest

Default bleeding

hi,
    i have just discovered i am preg with my third baby (5w5d....due 13/3/07) and have been experiencing some light bleeding for the last week. An ultrasound last Thursday revealed everything looks normal but still too early to tell if the preg. is viable. I experienced the same thing with my second pregnancy and actually bled off and on for the entire pregnancy which resulted in a healthy baby girl who will be 7 in october. However i feel like i have become obssessed with going to the toilet, i try to tell myself if something major was happening i would feel it but i can't help checking just to make sure, every time i go to the toilet, there is blood, never much just when i wipe (sorry if tmi). i will be having another blood test tuesday to see how things are progressing in the hormone dept, but i am just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep myself sane. i've been ordered to rest by my doc, and he's given me time off work, but sitting around and trying to find distractions is doing my head in. i almost went insane last time which is why it has taken me so long to decide to go again and i just can't believe i have to go through this again, i know there are lots of women a whole lot worse off than me and i try to remind myself of that but it's such a scary thing. i wish we could fast forward time!!!It's the not knowing that's truly torturous.

You poor thing! At least you know that last time you had the same thing and had a healthy baby. Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine. Try not to stress because thats not good for the baby, too. Again, best of luck.

kriminal Guest

Default thanks

thankyou so much for your encouraging comments, it's nice to know i'm not the only woman in the world who freaks during the first trimester. i'm still bleeding but having my blood test tomorrow. so finger's crossed. i'm feeling naseous and cranky and my breasts are incredibly sore so here's hoping that's a positive sign. will keep you all posted. thanks again for you support

I think the checking every 5 minutes is just a natural reaction. I was the same through my first trimester and i didnt have any spotting at all. My sister had spotting through all 3 of her pregnancies.
    Good luck with your blood test tomorrow, let us know how you go.

Big hugs and wishing you good news for tomorrows blood test.
    It is really difficult to turn the old brain off. The constant checking is exhausting. Mark off each week and know that each day you are closer to your goal.
    Big hugs again...

kriminal Guest

thanks everyone,
    i love coming here it's keeping me sane! had my blood test but won't know the results till tomorrow (i live in the country). so it's another night of wiping and stressing, i'm hoping it will all settle down but to date i am still bleeding, i tell myself not to worry as it is very light and the same thing happened with number 2. i kinda feel a bit selfish actually as i can see there are alot of you who have suffered alot more than i am. i just wish i could switch my brain off, i feel like it's consuming my entire being. anyway fingers crossed the old hormones are going in the direction they should be! will let you all know tomorrow. thanks again for being so supportive, you guys are my lifeline right now!!!!i was talking with my partner who is being fantsatic with me through this and he reminded me of how lucky we really are. when i was having this trouble with number 2 (Cailan, pronounced Ky-lan), at 5 weeks the doctors actually told me that she had died and booked me in for a d and c. after spending the night absolutley devastated i showed up at the hospital the next morning to be told by another doctor that she wasn't convinced i was losing the baby. she saved my daughter's life. and so really, all things considered i am incredibly incredibly lucky, because i have her here, she's completely healthy and she is the light in my life!

kriminal Guest

Whoo hoo!!!!!
    Just got the results of my blood test and everything is progressing as it should be! My doc said my hormone levels are really good. I feel like a giant weight has lifted, however because I am still bleeding I have to keep having tests, so it's another week of waiting but I am feeling 100% more positive now.

That's fabulous news Kim!!!
    Congratulations...