Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bounty Bags...

Melinda Guest

What? No more Coles Baby Boxes???? Geez......what is the world coming to? That's pretty poor......the only reason most people join is to get the box LOL. Perhaps they have cottoned onto that now.......PMSL!

I'd feel a bit discriminated against if I were you too Fi! That's stupid that 2/3 hospitals in Geelong have them!!!

I joined that coles thingy about 5 months ago and never got the box!

i have recieved two bounty bags because ive transferred hospitals

i also joined coles babyand i got teh voucher for the box but i never went in and got it as we were still ttc then so i thought i wouldnt have much use for it, thinking back i should of gone and gotten it.

take care
    Lesley

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - maybe we should ask the midwife about them next Wednesday?? It think that isn't fair that we miss out just because we are going public!! Grrr! We pay taxes too!

Another thing that you can do that my friend does all the time is email different companies like huggies, johnsons etc. and tell them that you are interested in their product blah blah blah and they often send you out a sample. It's worth doing a google for free samples too. I got a free sippy cup from S26 Gold once just for filling out a survey! I also got some free sample nappies from babylove.

mama mel Guest

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves all this stuff!

I missed out on my pg bag last time too even though I kept nagging them at most of my visits after. Was ticked off about it right up until I got it this time around LOL!

I rang J&J about their '1-hand nappy wipe dispenser' that they talk about so much on their nappy wipe packets and they sent me out a couple of freebies... Really no big deal, except that it's the easiest dispenser to use by far when your hands are full and they don't sell em anymore.

I'll try your tips to get more freebies!

I've had 2 bounty bags so far, from different midwives! :-s

I didn't find them very good at all. There were a couple of vouchers off nappies, etc.. an ovaltine sachet, and a pile of leaflets which try to get you to spend more!

Maybe the Bounty bags are going down hill as well?...
    When I got mine (2003) I got heaps of little samples eg. Sudocream, Bepanthen, Nappy, panty liners, disposable change mat and I'm sure a few others.

I have found one of my Bounty Bags to come in very handy one night when AF arrived unexpectedly, and I had nothing... thankgod for the free samples, LMAO!!

mama mel Guest

The bag I got recently had all those samples too...

IKWYM about them coming in handy Ambah, I forgot to bring breast pads to the hospital and I would've been really stuck when my milk came gushing in w/out the showbag!

Yep between 2001 when I had Kameron and 2004 by the time I had lachlan I found that the bounty bags were no where near as good as the last time.

Love

What is the world coming to when we have to pay for everything!!
    I remember when vets and pet shops used to do those small bags of cat foods as samples. I once went around every single vet/petshop in the city I was living in, told them I had just got a kitten, and got several bags from each one!! How tight am I??
    Seriously though - when you think about how much things liek nappies/pads/wipes/creams etc cost, its shocking there aren't more samples around.
    I guess in this consumer age we are accepting buying stuff before we try it, and if we dont use it all - thats OK!
    Fi

deb and fi, im public too not private and i recieved two.. so id be asking them next time u go

take care
    Lesley

Hey all,
    I asked whether we get bounty bags at my 36 week appt today and was told the hospital has a policy of not supporting them.
    Apparently this is because they are paid in part for by the milk formula companies, and Geelong Hospital has a policy on exclusive breast feeding whereever possible.
    So they choose not to support them
    V. interesting I thought - and just goes to show its not neccesarily a public vs private thing.

Fi

mummy2B2 Guest

Ripped off Fi.

The hospital I had DD at was very pro b/f, and I still got mine. And there is no formula samples in there (which would have helped, because DD just wouldn't drink for long enough to satify the nurses, so they put her on formula, and she never got the hang of it (not to mention my milk wouldn't come in))

I wouldn't stress about the coles box though. About the only useful thing in mine was a roll of Quilton toilet paper, which came in very handy.

(Make sure you have very soft 3ply paper with you, hospital stuff is NOT what you want scraping that very tenderarea post birth lol)

Great tip there Sue!!

SOOOOOOO true!!

I would never have thought to tell others about that one!!

Well done!! Pat on the back!! =D>

mummy2B2 Guest

Well, I forgot, so I had to send my best friend out for some, and it's not really the sort of thing you want to ask for when people ask is there anything you need lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12