Thread: Can I wear stilletos?

Bess Guest

Default Can I wear stilletos?

I have heard that I shouldn't be wearing stilletos now that I am pregnant. Is this from a certain stage of pregnancy?

Is there a medical reason why I shouldn't wear them or is it just a balance issue?

Hi Bess,
    I cant tell you anything about the medical side of things but I can tell you for sure that the whole balance thing is just thrown out the window!! hehe
    I wore high heels for years for work and when I was pregnant I wore them up to about 3 months and once I started showing and my belly started to stick out ... well once my centre of gravity changed it was HALERIOUS!!! I could not stop myself from walking forward as such... my whole body just wanted to lean. It looked very funny when I caught my reflection in a window one day!!
    So I went home and retired my old girls and have only worn them once since having bub... Now that was a funny story too!!

I was told by many people that if you can wear them comfortably then go for it... but I guess you better seek some medical type advice.... Just in case

xox

Oh BTW later in pregnancy I heard its not good to wear them high just in case you fall over and hurt yourself or your belly.... but early on... dont see why not...

Bess Guest

Thanks Kitty. I am pretty gumby at the best of times so I'm not sure how I haven't broken my neck in heels already. But my black stilettos are almost like slippers!

At least it's an excuse to go and buy new shoes because I don't have anything other than runners or my Berkies that are flat and I don't think my ugg boots would cut it with a suit!

he he he maybe the stilettos might need retiring then.
    I am a bit of gumby too so mine were always the closed toe and back heels.. they seem to curb the gumbyness a bit :P

I am soooo not a very fashionable person but i ended up getting some of those funky looking ballet type slippers and they were soooo comfy!! I wore them to death... for work anyways... and good old thongs... i was the only one allowed to get away with wearing them at work.

ej_1974 Guest

I love my heels but god they're just so uncomfortable and impractical!!!! I save them for dates with dh and super special occaisions. Love my havianas!!!!

They say you should never wear high heels cause they're shockign for your back, knees, ankles etc. I can't see that they'd be bad specifically when you're early pg. When you are later pg, you can get more swelling in your feet so they will be even less comfortable. And the whole balance thing. Enjoy them now!