Thread: Cant settle till U/S

Fire Fly Guest

Default Cant settle till U/S

Wouldnt you think that being my 3rd child that id be over the doubt. Well nope!, i cant settle till ive seen that little bub and heart beat and know that there is nothing wrong. Thats my biggest concern actually, i wouldnt be surprised at all if the sonographer says there is a problem. I know i shouldnt think like that but my age is a concern for me.
    Even though 35 isnt old its still the age they say things start happening, and the fact it was 12 months ago that i gave birth doesnt settle me at all. Im still that tad older.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest as its been eating away at me. My first M/W appointment is this Thursday and then Friday im booked for any U/S.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Fire Fly,

I am sure that everything is going to be OK and that you are going to see a nice and healthy baby with its little heart beating away!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

huge hugs to you Kerrie, I feel exactly the same way and will be thinking of you when you have your scan!

I too worry until i hear the h/b. Goodluck for friday i am sure all will be ok.

Smile

Good luck on Friday with everything, I am sure all will be fine. I must admit though I am exactly the same.:P

Hang in there - I'm sure it will all be fine. Try thinking some nurturing thoughts about the little one to distract yourself and encourage him/her along.

Fire fly I feel the same. I am thinking positively for you. Hope everything goes/went well.
    Cheerio
    Belinda.

Hi Fire Fly,

I understand how you feel. I had my 3rd baby when I was 37 (pregnant at 36). I was also kind of worried until I had my first ultrasound. Statistically, however, 35 isn't that bad - I remember the risk of down syndrome went up a lot between 36 and 38, and then again at 40. But at 35 the risk was still relatively low. I'm sure you will feel much better after your ultrasound.

Cheers, Mary

Fire Fly Guest

Thanks girls, nice to know im not alone with worry.
    Im just glad its nearly christmas so the week should go pretty quick with me running around trying to organise pressies etc.

Thanks for the statistics Mary, i know that they cant really predict that right once you turn 35 its all down hill but its so much publicised and writing that you tend to start believing it. Im sure in some cases its true. Depends on our bodies i guess.

Good luck to all that are nearly due for there U/S. Hope all is well and bub is happy and healthy to.

Yeah i feel a bit the same way and i have decided not to have the 12 week scan i had one at 6 weeks and 5 days (what i had thought by dates to be 7 weeks and 5days) due to cramps and the dr just wanted to make sure... The whole hormone thing in pg doesnt help the situation at all... Good luck with it all...

Unhappy Size of baby

Hi Janeo

I noticed that at your first can you said you were 7 weeks according to date but actually 6 weeks? I recently had a scan at what I thought to be 7 weeks but our little baby is only measuring 5mm which is typical of a 6 week old. This obviously upset me as i am scared the baby is not growing, but everyone tells me this can be quite normal? What is your experience with this?

Star,
    I know you weren't asking me, but I though I'd tell you something to reassure you. With my first DD, my scans right from the word go said that I was a week behind my dates, which I know were correct, due to tracking my ovulation prior to conception. Well anyway, she was born a week before my dates (39 weeks) which would have been 2 weeks early going by scan dates. She was born healthy, and thrived from the word go. So I would try not to worry about dates, just say your due around that time, that's what I'm saying this time around.
    Hope this helps to settle your concerns.
    Have a good Christmas

Fire Fly Guest

Well i had the u/s yesterday and im STILL non the wiser. There is a bub in there though and its moving around so obviously its alive.

I went in for what i thought was my 12 week scan going by my LMP. Its turns out i was only 10 weeks 6 days and not 12 weeks. So he said he couldnt do the trans nuchal scan for me. Bummer. I have to go back on the 29th now which will make me nearly 14 weeks, makes it a bit late to do anything if there is a problem. Fingers crossed im concerned about nothing. Have to be prepared though in case its not.

So now i have to change my ticker.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the NT test done. How they can tell how many days a baby is at that stage I do not know given they all end up such different sizes and gestations anyway. I'm 37 going on 38 having my first but my GP calmed me a bit by explaining that the figures that seem so scary aren't the whole picture and the 'risks' at this age aren't as bad as they might seem.

Hang in there - we'll all be thinking of you.

Fire Fly Guest

Thanks Blackbird, congratulations by the way. A little boy hey, wow.

I know that they cant say it all goes down hill from my age but they rub it in so much i suppose that it does freak me out. I dont think i could cope having something wrong with my bub. I know that if there was and we aborted that i wouldnt be trying again. Sounds harsh to some about aborting i know but its something we have talked about at lenghth and neither of us could handle a child with Downs or worse. Dont get me wrong, Downs kids are adorable and the adults are fine to but i couldnt handle it.

Hope i dont regret being so open with you girls but thats my thoughts. Sorry if ive peed some off with our decision but its us that has to live with it.