Thread: cm question

Default cm question

hi ladies, I'm just over 11 weeks pg and sorry this might be a bit tmi, but i have been having a bit of discomfort this morning, (kind of feels like wind) anyway i just went to do number 1's and noticed a big stringy bit of yellowy cm hanging when i went to wipe. sorry tmi, is this something i should be worried about, or is this ok?

Last edited by klee; November 9th, 2007 at 01:06 PM.

I'm no health expert, but i'd say it *could* be thrush. With the rising levels of hormones during pregnancy it's apparently very common, especially if you've been on any anti-biotics lately? There's also an article on thrush in the articles section if you want to have a read (im not sure how to link you to it) - if you're presenting with anything else i'd say have a visit with your GP. If it is thrush, it's not dangerous to your baby, but it will be damn uncomfortable if it gets worse for you!
    Hope this helps, good luck!

I am not a health professional either, I do remember reading that it can be common during pregnancy. As long as it doesn't have a bad smell or cause discomfort then you should be right. It is always a good idea to ask your anti natal care provider when you go for a check up or make an app. with your GP if it is causing you to worry. GOOD LUCK

I always get lots of cm in pregnancy - it looks a lot like fertile CM - kinda stringy and eggwhite. I *think* I remember reading something about the reason for it being that your vagina produces lots of mucous to flush out any potential nasties to prevent infections getting into the uterus.

Rosehannah is right though - if it smells bad you should definitely see your doctor.

yeah same, i read you can get increased cm during pregnancy and its nothing to worry bout.

thanks so much for your help ladies, it definitely doesn't smell, but i am going to mention it next time i go to the docs, just to see what they say.

thanks again