Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constipation in Pregnancy

I gave in & went to the chemist this morning & got something for it. He said it's ok in pregnancy. He also went on to say eat small meals more often & get walking....

Just checked Ellen & the one I have doesn't have psyllium husks at all *phew*

That is a bugger about phyllissium.......it is the only thing that keeps my bum problems normal!

Drinking lots of water is the key. Also eat lots of veggies and fruit - but water is the the key

Quote Originally Posted by Brookey
    hey guys just wanted to let you know psyllium husks in the long run, cause your bowel to wipe all the little hairs from the walls of the bowel therefore leaving you incontinent in the nether region when your old n gray.....
    DO you have any more information on this? There are no "hairs" in your bowel, so I am wondering what you mean. I was unable to find anything on the internet supporting this so would really appreciate it if you have further details

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi all,
    thought i would drop in with my two cents... my nathropath told me to get off the psyllium husks and onto "slippy elm"... it is right next to the psyllium husks in the natural food store.. but does cost twice as much! She said that the slippy elm is not as harsh on the lining of your intestines... I hope this helps..

mysterygirl Guest

OMG i dodn't know it would start this early!!! i am so gassy because of it - am trying to eat plenty of fruit and veges and stuff but darn its not nice... sigh only 34 weeks of it to go...

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl
    OMG i dodn't know it would start this early!!! i am so gassy because of it -
    Me either My tummy feels so bloated already although I haven't put on any weight. I'm sure it's all gas

mysterygirl Guest

snap - kylie - its terrible huh!!! i am getting some hi fibre stuff and metamucil and going to take this thing head on - i just hope that i don't gas DH out of the bed....

mysterygirl Guest

hhhmmmmm - muesli and orange juice for breakkie - lets see how that goes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12