Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cramping...

getinmybelly!! Guest

Default Cramping...

I am in the very early stages of pregnancy.

After my walk today I had some minor cramping in my lower belly.

Should I be concerned? I can't help thinking that I found out too early.

congratulations on your pg!!! (i love your username - i keep thinking of austin powers 'fat ........... saying that!!! =D> )

it is quite normal to get cramping early in pg, have you been to your gp yet? it wouldnt hurt to gonow anyway. i guess in the meantime i would take it easy with your walks, just to make things a little bit easier on your body for a while - it has a lot to do at the moment!!

all the best,

Linda

Wow... you are nice and early! I think cramping is quite common early on, I had a little bit which felt like AF was going to come. And I'm still getting little twinges and cramps now and then. I guess the body starts getting ready for some serious changes! I wouldn't worry too much if it was only minor. Just take it easy. And congratulations btw!

getinmybelly!! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana_baby
    Wow... you are nice and early!
    Yep...I didn't want to test this early but I have been so sick lately I had to know...

Thanks girls. I'm going to rest up today...there's no bleeding or anything but its still a good excuse to relax.

And my username is getinmybelly but for the next few weeks I am calling myself stayinmybelly!!

=D> LOL- im sure it will

Linda

Hi getinmybelly/stayinmybelly,

Congratulations, about the cramps, this is my first pg and I have been having cramps before I even found out, thought it was AF coming. Anyway they have settled down in the last 2 days finally, nothing major just gentle and persistant cramping.

goodluck,

Don't pannic I went through the exact same thing I think it has been 2 weeks not since I had a bad cramp after walking used to be the worst of in bed at night, my doc said it is just bubs settling in.

Yup... I still get the odd cramp here & there... Then do a mad dash to the loo if it is a goody, just to check LOL...

I am also getting cramps. Haven't had them for the last couiple of days

*mitch*, I'm with you - if I get a major cramp or it continues for longer than 5 min I run off to the loo just to check. Nothing so far!

Al

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi getinmybelly,
    I felt like I was getting AF early in my pregnancy too. I think I felt cramps for the first few weeks at least (being the first few weeks after I got a BFP). Apparently it's pretty normal (I got lots of reassurance from my GP and from the lovely ladies on BB).
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

As the other girls have said it is quite normal to get cramps type feeling. If it was accompanied by bleeding or spotting then I would definitley be worried.

My OB told me it is just your uterus stretching, for the growing bub.

Yep, I had this too and have been having stretching-type discomfort over the past week too.

Fee Guest

Default Re: Cramping...

Quote Originally Posted by getinmybelly!!
    I can't help thinking that I found out too early.
    Why is that? Is it not a good idea to test so early? I don't really understand!

Hey Fee,

I can't speak for getinmybelly!! but I think some people prefer not to find out so early in case of an early m/c. I think some people would prefer not to know in that case IYKWIM?

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Angel
    Hey Fee,

I can't speak for getinmybelly!! but I think some people prefer not to find out so early in case of an early m/c. I think some people would prefer not to know in that case IYKWIM?
    But wouldn't you know if you had a miscarriage? Sorry for all the stupid questions!

I think an early miscarriage would be just like a period. I know I'd rather think that AF was just running a few days late than know I'd miscarried. But I have to admit, I tried testing early..hehe. Didn't get a BFP until the day AF was due tho.

getinmybelly!! Guest

Default Re: Cramping...

Quote Originally Posted by Fee
    Quote Originally Posted by getinmybelly!!
    I can't help thinking that I found out too early.
    Why is that? Is it not a good idea to test so early? I don't really understand!
    Hi Fee

Yeah what others said hit the nail on the head. Many pregancies end before you realise you are pregnant and it may just seem like a really bad period.

Every niggle I have makes me think that something is wrong and I guess sometime I would rather live in ignorance.

Even just a few days less of rushing to the toilet to check for blood after every cramp would have been nice...but silly me couldn't wait even though I knew this is what I would be like.

Everyone is different I guess...but yeah would've rathered wait until AF was late.

Stayinmybelly!!

I have to say that I am one of those who wishes I hadn't found out so soon. Though that said, I was so excited at the though of being pg I tested early just in case. Maybe next time I'll wait, or not?????

The wait until 12 weeks is 'killing' me, and I'm only half way there!!!

I can't wait to tell everyone but want to be careful in case of m/c. I know there is still a risk after 12 weeks but it is less.

Joy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast