Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A delicate question...

Question A delicate question...

Hi girls
    this may sound disgusting -it is i suppose - but a part of life
    What do you girls use for constipation?
    Any advice would be most welcome! Is Metamucil alright as it doesn't have any advice on it for pregnant women so I suppose it would be fine?
    What do you think?

Are you drinking enough water?

Metamucil is fine during pg, but excercise and plenty of fruit and veg should also help Hope you feel better soon.

I drink water all the time! Habit from breastfeeding where I was drinking a litre at each feed - that's a lot of water with 5-6 feeds a day.
    Yep fresh fruit and veg are on the menu - just seems to be more of a problem with this pregnancy. To be honest though I am definitely not exercising as much as the past.
    Thanks Natalie

Progesterone slows down intestinal function, so go the metamucil. Hope things get a move on soon, lol.

I have taken metamucil during preg & been told it's fine, I either get runny bum, or blocked bum... never in between!!!!

NUX VOMICA from a health store - its a homeopathic remedy - i was in agony for 3 weeks and nothing worked - i took this and 3 days later i was back to normal....

You put 10 drops under your toungue 3 times a day until you get better....

Fantastic stuff - its about $20.00 a bottle.... helps with m/sickness too.

just eat weet bix!

man i feel for you i had the worst my doc said to eat all bran with a bannana (yuck) for breakfast and to drink mutamucal the capsuals worked well.

Snack on some prunes...that'll sort you out in no time

Flaxseed oil capsules work a treat.

I'm with Rae, go the prunes! They'll work a treat

Licorice....lots of Darrell Lea black licorice. Never fails to get things going.

But prevention is the best thing. Lots of fibre and fruit and drink heaps of water as well.

Lisa

I was going to say I had flaxseed oil religiously and waas never constipated. I had a tablespoon a day (can be straight down, mixed in smoothies, salads or whatever). I now give it to coco in her milk!! (I still have it to, daily) xo

HI MEG! Flaxseed oil - where would I get that?
    I love prunes but I tend to go overboard.
    I don't take Elevit Fletch - just folate for me.

I might start on Marnie's Weet-Bix instead of my Lite n Easy (which is so yummy - with apple and cranberry DELICIOUS!)
    Thanks girls

I eat weetbix with an extra 1/3cup of Bran Plus. No probs for me.
    My advise thou - what ever option you do, work up gradually. For me, once my tum was up to eating that sorta stuff for breaky (m/s ment the only thing i could mostly hold down was vege on toast) but, the first time i had weetbix with bran - spent most of the day on the loo! So, i just had plain weetbix for about a week, and then gradually added a bit of bran every day.

I have natural muesli with some (say 2 tablespoons) unprocessed wheat bran on top. The Wheat Bran is EXCELLENT and if you top it off with a little honey it tastes great (on top of your milk of course!!)

Thanks ladies! I seem to have worked it out with weetbix and metamucil - have also started eating Pink Lady Apples which are working a treat!

Glad it's working out for you (no pun intended!!) I'm in the same boat because my midwife has me on ridiculous levels of iron suppliments. I drink heaps of water and eat wholegrains and veg as much as possible but a favorite is to make a mixed bean salad for lunch with a drizzle of balsamic, olive oil and minced salad onion....yummy"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast