Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dieing my hair!!!

Amelia Guest

Red face Dieing my hair!!!

Okay at the moment I am a blonde but have read you are not meant to bleach your hair while being pregnant!!! So I have come to terms with becoming a brunette, but my ? is......I know you are only suppose to use semi's but in saying that, is it the 8 wash, 16 wash or 24 wash semi's?????\

TIA

In all the books I've read, it advises to stear clear of all hair colours and dyes during pregnancy, as the chemicals enter your blood stream through your scalp and since they can't do tests on pregnant women, they have no real idea what this can do to your unborn child. I had a hairdresser tell me that it was perfectly safe, but the way I see it is, how would you feel if something happened?!? You'd never know if it was because of the hair dye, IYKWIM? If it were me, I'd leave colouring your hair till after you've had your baby.

Celsie. xoxox

goldilocks Guest

Hi Amelia!

I too am blonde and was petrified of using any kind of bleach in my hair after losing our first bub. So this time around I waited until 10 weeks and just had half a head of foils done. And I specifically told my hairdresser to make sure than none of the solution touched my scalp! The colour looks fab and my bub is perfect so it's a great compromise. Best of luck!

Love Belle
    -xxxooo-

ej_1974 Guest

i am blonde and regularly get foils done with my hairdresser. She assures me its fine and my hair won't go green and as I've been with her for 10years and she has 2 beautiful dd's i trust her.
    Ask your OB if you are really concerned or enjoy being a brunette!

i'm not blonde, but i've just had a head full of foils and a colour done today. I have done this throughout my previous pregnancies as well. I can't see that any harm has been done.

I researched this recently while I was pregnant and just about everything I came across said it was perfectly safe, in fact many articles claimed it was an old wives tale.

Yep foils are your best bet as the chemicals cant travel into your bloodstream and they dont actually come into much contact(or any) with your scalp. Ive had my foils done every 8 weeks since i was 7 weeks pg! Good luck!

LizzysMum Guest

I also asked about this with my first and all my research told me that it is fine to colour your hair while pregnant.

Amelia Guest

Thanks ladies!! Its a real help!!

Ive dyed my hair once and plan to again, I use perminant and is red. Ive asked two drs, and two chemists and they've all assured me as long as I dont insist on eating said hair dye ill be fine

I gave in two weeks ago, my normally dark brown hair was going red it just doesn't suit me, all my freckles stand out. I think it is the blonde highlights showing through as the brown faded, I did it myself with clairol nice and easy, leaving it on for as little time as I could.

Why would you risk it though? Just because you have been "fine" in the past, doesn't mean you will be "fine" necessarily in the future.

Amelia: If I were you, I would get foils and try hard to keep the solution away from your scalp. Better to be safe than sorry.

I haven't dyed my hair even though it is driving me batty. The chemicals they use in dye is strong and I don't want to take the risk.

There is no conclusive data the chemicals that touch ur scalp are strong enough to seep into ur blood stream and them the concentration levels would need to be pretty high for it to cause any damage. I do not believe it is harmful so therefore i will dye my hair.

would you touch bleach and other strong chemicals with your skin?

I havent been in the situation to have ever touched bleach the only reason i dont let dye on my hands is so it doesnt stain my nails, I use normal household multipurpose cleaners and dishwashing liquid on my skin, I dont think they are relatively strong though...

ok so you agree that strong chemicals shouldnt come in contact with your hands/skin...the same goes with the skin on your head

No thats putting words in my mouth, I said my reasons for not letting the hair dye in contact with other skin is cosmetic reasons. I have not been exposed to other chemicals because I've never bought them to have contact with them, that is not saying I agree they shouldnt come in contact with your skin. I'd be more concerned of getting a rash than it seeping through my skin with the sole intention of hurting my baby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast