Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dieing my hair!!!

Im gunna let this go--- as you just contradicted yourself twice.

Yep and your twisting my words anyway

Amelia Guest

Okay ladies..... I have chosen not to die my hair but to keep pinning it up to hide my re-growth!!! Didn't mean to cause conflict between you ladies!!

~Amelia

I think dying your hair is a personal choice, and besides if your Doctor has assured you that it is fine, then go ahead & do it. On the other hand if you'd rather not risk it, then dont. Personally, as crappy as my hair looks at the moment I probably wont dye my hair while pregnant.

~Jane~ Guest

ditto to Hayley. I personally have gone the other way, I am quite grey and have dyed mine the whole way through.

I think some of the language used in this thread has been a little strong and I personally don't appreciate insinuations that I am risking my babies health, it's a bit harsh guys.

Amelia Guest

I agree with you Jane. I didn't mean to open up the wrong can of worms!!! Very harsh ones at that!!

Well I decided to die my hair BUT....................

I went to the organic shop down the road and they gave me this hair colour they have been trailing that is 75% organic!! Which is better then the ones you buy from coles and that, they are 0% organic!!

Being an ex-hairdresser and colouring my hair throughout my first pregnancy with no ill effects. I believe it's an old-wives tale about hair colouring products affecting an unborn baby. If it were the case that babies were affected, why haven't we seen a continuous media campaign about this?

If you are so worried about it....have foils so that the product has less of a chance of coming into contact with your scalp.

fel23y Guest

my best mate is a hairdresser and it has been proven that it does not harm you or the baby its just an old mothers tail to keep you all paranoid she has had 3 kids and they are perfectly healthy and you all know that hairdressers dye there hair more than everyone cause they change there colour every week . i also watched this show that was on foxtel a couple of months ago called pregnancy for dummies and even they said it has been clinicly proven that the hair dye is an old myth and totaly not true. if you all go beleiving all the differnt stuff you read in differnt books you will go insane i did that with my first pregnancy the thing is you read one thing in one book then you read another in another book so it hard to beleive whats goin on ! good luck to everyone with your pregnancys !

~Belinda~ Guest

There is no evidence to suggest that dying your hair causes miscarriage. I am 7 weeks and 5 days. On Wednesday, I went to the hairdresser for a trim and some foils, she didn't touch my scalp anyway but she had chemical free hair dye (no ammonia), there was no odour and it came out perfect. Everyone has their own views on this subject but there are organic products out there with chemical free dyes. You could always ask your hairdresser anyway. Good luck in all of your pregnancies girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12