Thread: DO I HAVE to tell????

lucysmummie Guest

Default DO I HAVE to tell????

I was gonna tell my boss today that Im pG and that I wish to leave as of the 23rd december as I will start doing Hairdressing from home as of the 3rd January but IM TOO SCARED!!!!!!

Its stressing me out and making me feel sick and all anxious and stuff and I dont know what to do??????? HELP :shock:

So dont tell him!! Just hand in your resignation, and he'll be none the wiser. Dont feel you have to have an excuse to resign.
    But if you do want to tell, just say that you have some great news, you're pregnant, and for lifestyle reasons you think it would be best to finish up at Chrissie time, and do some work from home.
    What is your notice requirements? I wouldn't be telling until I had to!!
    Good luck,
    Fi

Leah i agree with Fi - why tel him - its not any of his business anyway - if you aren't comfortable with it don't...just hand in your notice

lucysmummie Guest

O thats sounds good, i have been frekin out over it and i nearly chucked before cause of it.... Im really really nervous about it..... I think i will write a letter and give it to him monday, i still wanna tell him but I like the whole lifestyle reasons part...thanks

Leah - I agree. You have the perfect excuse to finish up work! He doesn't need to know you'll start up work elsewhere.. all he needs to know is you're leaving, and you're having a baby. He can draw his own conclusions

I hope you feel better about it soon. I know in my first few months, decisions were the worst thing for me. I couldn't decide anything... including what to eat.

Good luck with the hairdressing from home too!

lucysmummie Guest

Thanks guys, I have a plan of action!

Im gonna tell him when i walk out of the office! I will go in and say have a good afternoon like I usually do and then just say something like.... "I thought Id just let you know, I JUST found out Im PG " and just see what he says! if he says "what about work" ill just say Ill be leaving the 23rd otherwise if he doesnt Ill take a leter on monday!

Im nervous!

Good luck Leah!! It is scary telling your boss that you plan on leaving, but when it comes down to it he can't stop you and as long as you give him enough notice then everything should be fine.

Anyway, again, good luck.

Leah it is always a hard thing to do, I have just got a new job yesterday ( I am a primary school teacher too) and I had to tell my new principal who i have never even met yet, that I am pregnant, and that was really hard. But she was really understanding and said that everything would be fine. So just do what is right for you, and doont let anyone make you feel that you are making the wrong choice for you or your baby!

lucysmummie Guest

Well I told my Boss as i was walking out last friday, I said have a good weekend .... BTW

he was really happy bout the whole baby business but not the leaving part, I said to hm I thought it would b best to just not come back next year as i have a blood disorder i have to whatch out for. I have a blood disorder that part it true but not the wahtching it part. i start a new part time contract which is only for 4 months as of januay and its more money!

I gave the boss 3 weeks so i gave him more than plenty of time, he was like, but people stay at work until upto 7 months??? and the other staff said that too.

O well my choice my life! whats done is done! I wish I could go home now though cause I dont feel great....

Well done leah. It takes alot of guts!! good job