Thread: Do you still get pregnancy signs after a mc?

Default Do you still get pregnancy signs after a mc?

Does anyone know if you still get pregnancy signs after a suspected mc?

what signs are u getting???? do u have bleeding/cramps etc?

It can take a couple of weeks for your hormone levels to return to normal.
    Are you sure about the mc?

I believe that you can still get preg symptoms after a miscarriage, although I have never had one. I have a close friend who recently opted for a termination and they told her then that it would be a couple of weeks before she felt normal again and chances were she would still feel symptoms of pregnancy.

If it's a suspected mc though I wonder - did you take a test that came up positive and have started bleeding and cramping??

ETA: Just found your other thread........ others have said the same thing you may have gone in there too early and it really does need to be an internal ultrasound at that early stage as well.

No I'm not sure about the mc, although my Dr has told me to prepare for the worst when I get my next bt on Monday. I have had some v slight spotting, but hardly anything, and no pain. My u/s on Monday just gone didn't show anything, not even a sac - but I wasn't given an internal u/s, and I was supposedly 5-6 weeks pg. This morning I had another nosebleed, my boobs have only gotten sore in the last 2 days and I have still been getting all day sickness which resulted in me not being able to eat my dinner last night (normally I can still eat!)..... Is it normal for the pg signs to increase if u've mc, or do they normally begin to subside?

Sorry to you all if I seem to be going on about it, I'm just really confused at the mo

Clarebear28- With both my m/c the symptoms stopped and then I started to bleed. I am not sure about your situation, but why can't you have another BT today? at least that way they can see if your levels are going up or not. for you. I really hope everthing is OK

I asked my Dr for a blood test straight away as I thought that there would either be an increase or decrease in my HCG levels in the 5 days since my first bt, but he told me to wait until this Monday so that he can get a definite answer one way or the other. Either my HCG levels will have increased significantly to somewhere around 30000 - up from 9000, or they will have decreased a fair bit in the 2 weeks between the first bt and the second one. I guess it's the waiting that's the hard part....

I agree, waiting is the hard part. 5 days seems a long time to me, but then again I'm not a Dr. hang in there, fingers crossed that everything will be OK.

Thanks heaps for you good wishes, I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.

DoubleK Guest

after my m/c i still had a dull ache in the tummy for a few days, bleeding, and my body was achy all over, i didnt actually know i was pg untilli had the miscarriage, so i wasnt really aware of any pg symptoms, apart from a queasy tummy every afternoon from about 5pm onwards.

my levels dropped dramatically within a day.. the morning i woke up with cramps they were at a regular level (sorry no idea what the number was!) and by lunch time the next they had gone right down.

sorry if im not much help! hope eveything works out well for you!

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the bt says...... Although a friend of mine just called after hearing from her sister what's been happenin with me over the last couple of days (I hadn't told many ppl in case something went wrong). She just wanted to let me know that in her first pg she had an ext u/s at 6 weeks that showed absolutely nothing either (no sac, no embryo), she went back a week l8ta and had an internal u/s, and there was a sac complete with embryo inside. Although I don't want to get my hopes up, I'll keep the flame burning a little longer just in case!

hunny honestly, just coz they didnt see anything doesnt mean ur not pregnant. if u were only 5-6 they would have to look exxxxxxxtreamly hard to find Anything anyway. My doc didnt want me to have my scan till i was 12 weeks coz even before 9 weeks, u dont see much. trust me, dont give up hope, u might have had too much fluid to see bub so early etc etc. there can be so many reasons so dont think that misscarriage is the only way to go. Unless its a missed m/c im sure u will know if u have. good luck and let me know what happens..xoxox

Default MC

I had a MC.. and as soon as baby passed i guess you call it.. I felt no symtoms at all.. and then 24 hours later a massive cramping and a clot and then finished..

I am thinking of you!!

Thanks everyone for your supportive words, it's making the wait til Monday a little easier I guess the reason I'm so confused is because over the last couple of days my pg signs seem to be increasing not decreasing. I still feel constantly ill throughout the day, I'm still getting some weird (not painful) feelings downstairs, I got another nosebleed yesterday, and my boobs have only just started getting sore. I woke up this morning at about 3am and found myself lying on my tummy, and it felt like someone had chopped my nipples off with a hot knife!

hehehee i hear ya on the nipple thing. Sorry to say hunni..its not really going to ease for u! damn nipples!!!!