Thread: dont taste the same!

Question dont taste the same!

hey there i am noticing that things dont taste the same as they did 8 weeks ago lol.
    I just had cherios for lunch and oh they nearly made me .
    Anyone else finding things just dont taste right?

oh, yes. My DF is an avid chef and can make the most amazing dishes - generally i would be drooling at the mouth from the scent of his cooking - but for the last couple of months all it makes me want to do is puke.

I cant stand garlic or onion - i honestly want to carry some breath fresheners on the bus cos when someone sits behind me and has what would normally be mild garlic breath i feel so damn sick!! (but i cant be that rude can i ??)!!

I went through the same thing.

Hated Ginger beer, now I love it. Before I was pg, white bread would make me gag, and all through the pg and now, I can only eat white or multi-grain, def not wholemeal..

It's amazing what a pg can do to our tastes isn't it?

yep i went through the same thing.... vegemite even tasted soooo wrong to me. They first 6 weeks all i lived off was scrambled eggs and soup pretty much. lol.

Gotta love being pregnant, nothing is what it was before! Yes, I've noticed that certain foods make me feel ill while others taste sooo much better, hooked on crunchie bars at the moment!

i was exactly like this at the start with bread..i always thought it tasted bad or off & made me feel sick but nobody believed me

on the other hand i used to hate Big Macs before falling pregnant now i cant get enough

I love creamy dishes, carbonara etc. and cheesy dishes but i can't stand them and havent been able to since about 7 weeks, i've never actually been sick but i've dry reached a dozen times at the sight or even smell of creamy cheesy stuff. I'm a big pie and sausage roll eater atm, beef seems to be so easy to eat where as other meats turn me off. With #1 i could eat anything and it all tasted better than ever #2 is a different story. lol

I have noticed that I'm not into meat whereas before I was pregnant I was Ethnic loving Carnivore (Sorry to all thoses vegeterians). I also loved my tea & now just completely off it.

Hiya Hun,

I feel excatley the same, its weird our things can taste so different just cos your pregnant. But it will be worth it in the end lol

Hope it doesnt last all the way through