Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Due Date

Default Due Date

Just wondering how I am meant to get an accurate due date for our bubba when I havent got AF for months and dont know exactly when I ovulated or conceived

Min,

I think they will just have to go by a scan. Have you seen the doctor yet ?? Ask him if they could book a scan in a few weeks.

Min

Like Michelle has suggested I think a scan will be the most accurate way to find out how far along you are since you haven`t had AF for a while. You might be further along then you think wouldn`t that be great \/

Take Care

Deeanne

Leah Guest

Hi Min,

Yes that might make it abit difficult for you to get a due date. You will probably have to wait until you have a scan that will give you your due date straight away.
    Although they can change the due date at the following scan that's what happened to me with my first pregnancy.I had to have a early scan as my Dr and the hospital midwives gave me dates that ranged from 23rdJuly throught to 15th August. Baby arrived on 8th August S&H.
    Leah

My sister was like you Leah, they were forever changing the due dates on the baby, I don`t really understand how they can keep changing the dates, especially when you know exactly when you had AF and you were always regular, or do they try and work out the date you actually conceived on????

I`m all confused now #-o

Take Care

Deeanne

i am seeing doctor again tonight. I know I am less than four weeks (very early I know) because I had a scan three weeks ago because of problems not getting AF, and there was no bun in my oven then! i think I am 3 weeks and 6 days, at least i know roughly when bubs will be due - late may to early june.

At least you have some idea how far pregnant you are. See if he will book you in for another in a few weeks.

Good luck

Leah Guest

Deeanne,

I didn't understand why my dates kept getting changed on me either and I still don't understand how there can be that much of a difference. Towards the end I was really annoyed. Maybe i wouldn't of been so annoyed if the dates were earlier but they weren't they awlways got further away. AF was always regular but maybe your right maybe they try and work out the date you conceived. Either way I guess bub will come when he/she is ready to come.
    Lets hope it doesn't happen again this time. My first scan is not until 8th October .
    Leah

Even if you were pg then it would've been to small to detect... I suppose that is actually a good indicator... Did the u/s show up follicles or a copus luteum? If not, maybe you were pg?

Tanya

Leah Guest

Min,

Well that's good that you have some sort of inkling as to how far along you are. Dr should be able to confirm that for you. It's sooooooo exciting.
    Good luck at the Dr's tonight please let us know how you get on.

Take care everything will be ok Leah

well they were looking particularly for ovarian cists and didnt mention and follicles or anything Tanya, so I am not really sure.

Oh well, just have to wait for next scan, I dont know how I am going to cope waiting 40 whole weeks to meet him or her, I am sure is a him!

Min

I think if your very early in pg (is it under 10 weeks, my goodness I`ve only just read about this and I can`t remember how many wks) anyway they would normally do an internal scan otherwise they can`t pick up bubs, was your scan internally or externally?

Take Care

Deeanne

Can I take a punt and say that I think you are futher than you think! I reccon.... 6-7weeks... Wouldn't that be good!!!
    Tanya

Dee, it was an external scan

but I had a negative blood test a week prior to that, so cant be further along than 4 weeks at most Tanya, although it would be fantastic.

Leah Guest

Min,

This is the longest time of our life's I think especially when you want something so much. 40 weeks is a long time but hey it's worth every minute of the 40 weeks wait.
    I was like you with my first pregnancy right from the very start I thought I was having a boy ans sure enough I did. I am wondering if I will have any feelings as to what sex the bub is this time around. To be totally honest I am not worried at all about the bubba's sex as long as he/she is healthy that's all I want.
    Leah

same leah, i must admit that me and DH would love to have Jackson Levi first, but having said that, if Pyper Lee comes out , we wont be the lwast bit disappointed, we just want a healthy happy bubs!

A blood test would've showed up neg that early too!! I am just hoping that you are futher along... wouldn't it be great!!

Tnay

ooh, you are getting me excited that i am further!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast