Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Bleeding/Period Pain

storm04 Guest

Default Early Bleeding/Period Pain

Hey Just found this forum so all new here but hoping to get some insight on what others think
    I have three children (8, 4, 2)my last i didnt know till i was 26 weeks pregnant as i had half like periods and figured all was normal till my belly grew!!

Anyhow I am pregnant again with number 4 i assume i am approx anywhere from 6-12 weeks due to my last two periods being rather abnormal and from what docs told me.
    I have a scan today so will find out what is happening there anyhow (maybe i should have posted this after my scan ha but will tell you what the result it)

This pregnancy is wierd for me, i have had a constant dull ache like period pain the morning sickness i am having is sooo bad, (i have had it in the past but found eating in small spurts controlled it) I am extremely tired, and i am spotting every few days, only like a small spot of blood but when my partner and i have sex i find i bleed afterwards for an hour or so.

As i said my third child i had eratic bleeding throughout till i was about 32 weeks but i never had the dull ache!
    I have rang my doctor and she has basically said as i have a scan not to worry and see what that shows

Anyone been through this and had a healthy baby to follow?

Thankyou, hope this is in the right place apologies if its not!

Jen

Hi there! Well I haven't had as much experience as you with pregnancies as I'm only 13 weeks into my first one but during this one I bled slightly for about 3 weeks. I freaked and was very worried but after 4 (yes 4!) u/s it showed everything was going very well. I know bleeding can be a bad sign because I did m/c last year but this time everything went well. I has m/s this time so to me that was a rally good sign that everything was going well cause my hormones were going crazy! Hope this helps a little!

storm04 Guest

Thankyou
    Well i had my scan today i am 8 weeks and 6 days and he said all looks good strong heart beat and great blood flow etc. Anyway (he had to do an internal as he couldnt see anything so i drank all that water and held on for nothing LOL) I mentioned bleeding he said it would more than likely be due to the placenta laying low or also could be just one of those things that passes soon. (they dont tell you much)
    Naturally the doc will confirm this so peace of mind knowing all looks good in there
    Just glad i found out early this one and have lots of time to prepare unlike the last!
    Thankgod i kept all my baby goodies ha!

Storm - congrats on your preg.
    With the bleeding after sex - can be due to 'friction' i suppose, as your inside bits are bit more tender which means that lots of little blood vessels bruise easier, therefore bleeding. Had it happen to me on the odd occasion - but, found that sometimes abit of extra lube helped things. (sorry if way to much info )
    But, glad everything is ok for you and the baby.

storm04 Guest

Thankyou mum2bee I am glad i am not alone, fingers crossed its the same as my last one the whole pain factor bothers me the most!
    I think i will just do what they said last time and ban hubby from touching me till i am safe hehe!
    Thanks for the tips though, appreciate it

I'm in the same boat. I'm only 5 weeks and have a bit of a dull ache (more discomfort than pain) and some brown spotting. The doctor can't get m in for and U/S until next week and so just to be on the safe side has put me on bed rest until my scan. Lying around doing nothing all day just gives me more time to worry of course. I have read this can be normal but it's my first pregnancy and I'm a worrywart.

Twin Sister,

I have the same issue as you now. Well, I'm a little over 6 weeks. Last night, when I wiped myself, I noticed a spot (about the size of a dime) of brownish discharge? It wasn't bright red, but I start worrying. I don't quite know if I should go see my OB because I am not having any pain... just a little abdominal discomfort... but as this is my first pregnancy plus me being a "freak out" I really think I need to ring my OB up and schedule an U/S just to make sure everything is fine....

the main lot of bleeding i had was at 5 weeks 2 days. I know that exact as i had an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok.
    I just went into the er section of a hospital, and (eventually) got the u/s operater to come in on her day off to do an u/s for me. I was in Melbourne thou, and needed to know that everything was ok, so i could fly back to Perth.
    But, i put it down to implenation bleeding, and doing the deed the night before. For the few days following this, if i done anythign major (like, making bed, vacumming etc), would get some spotting again, so just had a few blood tests to make sure my hormones where still on target.
    Unfortuantly - i still have to make the bed and vacumme - damm!!

storm04 Guest

i just got in from a early docs appointment and the doc doesnt seem to concerned about the bleeding, i still have spotting but its bright red and a dull ache. Sorry if its TMI but its more like a nose bleed quiet alot like water as its so thin/runny if that makes sense.
    In my scenario due to past pregananies and no miscarriages etc, she told me that all should be fine and its natural for some women to have a little eractic bleeding, as long as i am not in severe pain and i am not bleeding really badly then not to worry. She also mentioned it could be a small graze from sex, or just a pocket of blood there slowly easing away as the US was fine she is even less concerned
    This is only going from my medical history though but its peace of mind.
    She said she would be more concerned if the blood was gushing and i was bowled over in pain.
    Not sure but i feel better about the whole thing, just going to ban myself from having fun with hubby till 12 weeks to play it safe
    Good luck twinsister and carmen i hope you have the same outcome as i have had so far
    Last edited by storm04; March 15th, 2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo

My doctor told me not to go to work and to stay in bed but it's making me crazy. This morning the spotting had dwindled to very faint pink and now looks like it has stopped. It's my last week of work before we move and I've left them in a bit of a lurch. Plus Saturday is St Patties day and i had plans to go out withthe girls in our matching outfits (don't worry only virgin ****tails for me) and I REALLY don't want to miss out. I've been looking forward to it for the last 4 weeks! How much good is bed rest really doing me?

Storm04, thank you for sharing your episode. This has eased my mind a bit. I just got back from my OB, and she said that it looks "ok" so far, but because I am only 6 weeks, there's really nothing she could do at her office. Instead, she wanted to be sure that my pregnancy is not at risk... so, she ordered an u/s for me to do tomorrow. I guess I'll let you guys know once I find out the results. In the mean time, I am just taking easy...

BTW, Twin Sister, my doctor did tell me to stay in bed and rest too... I know for a fact that it's easier said than done because we all have to live "normally" despite the fact that we're pregnant. Meanwhile, just remember to take it easy, Oh, don't lift anything heavy!!! It's a big no no especially with the spotting.

I'll keep you all posted once I get my u/s result. In the mean time, I hope I could get some sleep which I've been lacking with all the worrying I have in my mind!

Good luck Carmen, hope all goes well with your U/S today!

Finally, first u/s done! I must admit I felt heart palpitations today when lying in bed waiting to see the results of the u/s. Fortunately, they saw my baby lying in my uterus in a sac. The baby is still very tiny, but we could see the heart beat. The doctor assured me that everything looks good and no further worries should continue. After my u/s, I was enlighted. I think everyone must have seen my face glowing...

Twin Sister, I wish you all the best with your pregnancy...

Carmen - I'm so glad all went well with your scan! I was thinking baout you today.I hope mine goes equally well, I still have 5 days to wait but the spotting has stopped for now so I think mine should go ok too.

storm04 Guest

Great news carmen and good luck twin sister with yours!
    Hopefully we all end up with the same result!
    I am still spotting, still have the ache but the blood is now brownish so hoping it will soon pass
    Good luck

Storm I was thinking about you too. Did you have a scan yet? Did it all look ok? I hope so!

storm04 Guest

Hey Twin sister i had my scan on tuesday, all was ok, 9 weeks and 2 days now
    As i mentioned i posted above there somewhere, they were happy with everything and doc isnt too worried
    I bled all thru my last till i was 26 weeks so the doc seems to think the same things happening, its just scary when you wake up with blood everywhere.
    I just hate the whole bleeding factor and being so early along you cant feel anything movements etc or kicking etc so you dont know if all is good, if that makes sense
    Good luck with yours anyhow

Storm - oh good i'm glad you scan was all ok. I'm sure mine will be too but until I get it done I can't stop worrying. Wish we could all have stress free pregnancies LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast